Round 20: Essendon vs Richmond: Changes, Discussion, Match-ups, etc

Must win game!

I’ll go no changes although I wouldn’t be surprised if Chappy, Licha or Fletch would go for a rest:

B: Baguely Hurley Fletcher

HB: Winderlich Hooker Dempsey

C: Myers Goddard Stanton

HF: Chapman Carlisle Zaharakis

FF: Ambrose Bellchambers Dell’Olio

RR: Ryder Heppell Hocking

I: Howlett Zerrett Colyer SUB: Jerrett

Key match-ups: Hooker on Riewoldt, Hocking to Deledio.

We’ll be too tall IMHO if we go in like that. Outside the back 3, they only had Maric, Reiwoldt and Ben Griffiths (replacing Vickery) today. Lining them up with likely match-ups we’d end up with Fletcher on Lloyd or someone.

Might be the week to rest Paddy (WCE the week after).

Surely Jerrett will be dropped!!!

Out. Jerrett, Howlett

In. Melks, Jetta (sub)

Full game Dell

How many threads can we whinge about Jerrett in?

This game has round 17 2009 written all over it. I’m nervous about this one.

David J better get his ■■■ up to the top of the southern and get the BIGGEST MOTHER FKING Essendon chant of all time going after Carlisle kicks his 10th to send the inbreds in the punt road end heading to the exits where they fkn belong.

We'll be too tall IMHO if we go in like that. Outside the back 3, they only had Maric, Reiwoldt and Ben Griffiths (replacing Vickery) today. Lining them up with likely match-ups we'd end up with Fletcher on Lloyd or someone.

Yeah, good point HAP. Like I said, wouldn't be surprised if Fletcher was omitted/rested for match-up reasons. However, he does have a unique ability to play on smalls.

In - LEROY

Out - Jackson Merrett

Out. Jerrett, Howlett
In. Melks, Jetta (sub)
Full game Dell

Based on the VFL game I watched Melks is miles off.

Jetta might be a chance but I still didn't quite see what I was hoping to see there either.

Out. Jerrett, Howlett
In. Melks, Jetta (sub)
Full game Dell

Based on the VFL game I watched Melks is miles off.

Jetta might be a chance but I still didn't quite see what I was hoping to see there either.

agree

just one change  

In: HIbberd (if he is fit)

Out: Jerrett

From that VFL performance the only one you would consider is Jetta.

Hibberd won’t be fit Robbo. Has a minor strain. Another 1-2 weeks away.

Winderlich wasn’t moving well in the footage at the airport.

No change.

Normally you’d give Howlett or Jerrett a spell but with few players doing much at VFL level they get a reprieve.

Dell starts at FP, Jerrett as the sub.

In other news, what’s happened to Fanta? Seemed like he was getting close to a game a few weeks back.

Time to put Jackson Merrett out to pasture for the rest of 2014.

Can't afford to continue to play one short each week in the run to the finals.

Well Conca wont be playing...

Not sure who that's better for actually....

We'll be too tall IMHO if we go in like that. Outside the back 3, they only had Maric, Reiwoldt and Ben Griffiths (replacing Vickery) today. Lining them up with likely match-ups we'd end up with Fletcher on Lloyd or someone.

Yeah, good point HAP. Like I said, wouldn't be surprised if Fletcher was omitted/rested for match-up reasons. However, he does have a unique ability to play on smalls.

What about Fletch as the sub? 

He should be given every opportunity to break the 400 game barrier. Playing a quarter or so will keep him fresh, and he could come on and play in defence (of course) or at CHF. I would love to see him beating the rugby mauls by booting goals from beyond the 50m.

Changes:

In: melksham fantasia(debut) Steinberg (debut)

Out: howlett jerrett Ambrose (inj)

B: Baguely Hooker Steinberg

HB: Winderlich Fletcher Dempsey

C: Myers Goddard Stanton

HF: Chapman Hurley Zaharakis

FF: Bellchambers Carlisle Dell’Olio

RR: Ryder Heppell Hocking

I: melksham Zerrett Colyer SUB: Fantasia

Emergencies: jetta, obrien, pears

Edited due to Ambrose injury fletch stays in Hurley moved forward.

Not being able to see the VFL games, can I ask what form Melksham has showed there that people are suggesting he should be recalled, following weeks of demands he should be dropped?

Play jetta in the middle please! He might replicate that VFL form if he's played there.