Round 20 - Hawthorn vs Essendon @ MCG (1:45pm 4/8) - Looking ahead

You would think Dea will miss a week. Clubs are pretty conservative these days. If you get knocked out like that you will miss a week.

1 Like

So when you say ā€œthe rest of usā€, you really mean that uncredited bloke thereā€¦? :slight_smile:

nah, iā€™ve made heaps in the past i just donā€™t have a local copy of the game yet. maybe in like 3-4 hours iā€™ll put up some clips.

Still really think that we need that extra marking target up front. We were struggling against Sydney until they threw Grundy forward and it shouldnā€™t affect our run too much, seeing as we were still able to overrun the Swans despite being a man down anyway.

Also means we wouldnā€™t have to play Stringer in the ruck when Tommy needs a spell.

Out: Dea (unlucky)
In: Stewart

B: Saad Hurley McKenna
HB: Goddard Hooker McGrath
C: Zaharakis Heppell Smith
HF: Tippa Stewart Baguley
F: Brown Stringer Fantasia
R: Bellchambers Myers Zerrett

I/C: Parish Langford Guelfi Francis

4 Likes

The first guy in the leather jacket launched a beautiful spray towards Schmitt that unfortunately didnt get on camera and then to have the vibrating man follow it up was absolute gold.
Shocking decision.

1 Like

We win we play finals itā€™s that simple.

Sydney will come out of the 8.

Put the best team on the park, the have a 5 day break and Freo will run them ragged despite the result.

We have a clear advantage of extra 2 days break so we will run out the game better.

One change for mine Dea out and McNiece in

Disagree we need more run from backline. Totally run them off their feet. They are only excellent by foot not by speed

We will get enough entries in the 50 to kick a winning score.

Stringer will be better for playing on weekend and will rise to the occasion.

Get back to work STEWART

19 Likes

my brain hurts

2 Likes

Should win this easily imo

Can someone fly me and the boy to melb for the weekend.
Iā€™ll be your best mate

Freo were waltzing into open goal against us last week. They canā€™t even go into their 50 against Hawthorn at their home.

Is our defensive zone not as good as Hawthorn?

I hated Hawthorn before I liked Essendon or really knew anything about footy. I figured that any team that that nasty, chair-throwing feral kid Bradley from grade 1 liked was probably no good. Theyā€™ve given me no reason to change my mind.

15 Likes

fair effort for someone to be such a ā– ā– ā– ā–  in grade 1 to still be remembered.

other than my best mates, i canā€™t remember anyones name.

1 Like

He certainly stood out. No idea what happened to him, but Iā€™m pretty sure he left the school before he had a chance to mellow out. ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  Hawthorn supporters.

We will spankem then sendem home to Momma. It will be like washing your backside and cleaning off those dangleberries you hate so much!

Please change thread title to ā€œFree Kick Hawthorn vs No Free For You Essendonā€

2 Likes

I hope we have a run with player for Mitchell. Iā€™d hate for him to have 40 odd possys.

Guelfi?

1 Like

Myers has been getting a few jobs so wouldnā€™t surprise me if he follows him around.

Wouldnā€™t mind Goddard having a crack either to give him a change up and allow Francis to play a bigger role down back.

Itā€™s pity we havenā€™t been training anyone to be a proper lock down tagger. Could really use it to keep Mitchell to under 30 possessions. Although Merrett going head to head with him probably will be a break even but donā€™t think the Hawks will let that happen.

1 Like