ROUND 21 ESSENDON V WESTCOAST - no more essington

I can't believe i am about to write this as I love the guy. But he has been terrible for a month. Showed no effort or leadership last night. Needs a massive kick up the backside. Constantly calls for handballs when under pressure or puts guys under pressure which terrible disposal.
The whole group needs a wakeup call, dropping this guy could really shake up the group
Out: Brent Stanton

I love Stants as well but other teams are making it part of their game plan to expose his agility and lack of leg speed, he has never been pacey but these days he is a genuine plodder.
Its hurting us to no end the way he is getting burnt off.

People keep mentioning T-Bell, he was more ineffective than a half baked Daniher last night. He is clearly still lame (or his confidence is the lowest of any current footballer)

Disagree
At the very least we should be protecting Daniher from himself, any player let alone any young player returning from surgery should not play if he is under done.

I can't believe i am about to write this as I love the guy. But he has been terrible for a month. Showed no effort or leadership last night. Needs a massive kick up the backside. Constantly calls for handballs when under pressure or puts guys under pressure which terrible disposal.
The whole group needs a wakeup call, dropping this guy could really shake up the group

I love Stants as well but other teams are making it part of their game plan to expose his agility and lack of leg speed, he has never been pacey but these days he is a genuine plodder.

I noticed this at the Sydney game.

Even though I appreciate Stants and his drive to run into space, he is now very easy to close down and he just can't keep up (p[ace wise) with everyone else.

I don't think wing is his position any more. He needs to reinvent himself if he can. He is strong enough and experienced enough to play an inside role. When Jobe was out he should have had a go at his role in the middle and resting forward.

Sadly too slow for wings and flanks. 

Not making any mention on his form or anything.

Has anyone else noticed he looks really slow atm, he almost has the turning circle of the queen mary, and his decision making seems to be slow also.

is he injured, or just to bulky and lost any agility and pace he did have, which granted wasn't alot to begin with.

Again not criticising him, for all those sensitive stanton petals, just commenting on his psyhical attributes.

If we lose this ,do Goddard a favor and trade him at years end. I don’t want him saying what a bad choice we were once he retires. Deserves better. Feel for jobe and the guys that actually put in.

There’s also a few people on our list not afl standard… But boy we love them

I noticed this at the Sydney game.

Even though I appreciate Stants and his drive to run into space, he is now very easy to close down and he just can't keep up (p[ace wise) with everyone else.

I don't think wing is his position any more. He needs to reinvent himself if he can. He is strong enough and experienced enough to play an inside role. When Jobe was out he should have had a go at his role in the middle and resting forward.

Sadly too slow for wings and flanks. 

Which game did he play across HB?  He did well from memory there.

Once he gets tagged out of a game thats it for him.  He can't seem to fight through that like Heppell can.

Oh now Stanton’s hurting us ? I called for him to be dropped a few seasons back when he was even worse just so he gets the message … Now I think he needs to go.

Get something else in return. He’s had a good stint with us , I just feel we need change.

He Can’t handle a tag , brain to reaction time way off , football brain dead too frequently.

Just too mediocre for my liking.

I know he’s a blitz favorite (I’d say fan fav , but I know a lot of Essendon people and can’t say any of them rate him).

Use the ’ oh but he cops a tag every week’ punch line , but how long you wanna use that for ?

Another guy that’s done f all is Howlett and melksham … So let’s take a breath and look at others too

Now that the VFL game has finished, I’ll go with:

In: Watson, Hibberd, Fletcher

Out: Kavanagh, Fantasia and Dell (unlucky)

B: Baguley Hurley Fletcher

HB: Hibberd Hooker Dempsey

C: Goddard Watson Stanton

HF: Chapman Carlisle Zerrett

FF: Winderlich Daniher Colyer

RR: Ryder Heppell Hocking

I: Myers Melksham Zaharakis SUB: Howlett

Match-ups: Def: Hurley to Darling, Hooker to Kennedy, Fletch on resting ruck, Bags to Lecras

Mids: Priddis only worth tagging: Hocking goes to him

Fwds: I expect McKenzie to Carlisle. Hopefully Zerrett can reduce Hurn’s impact too.

EDIT: trying to get Belly in the side to release Ryder fwd but not sure who to drop.

We better win. I'm having my birthday party that night and my friend is making me an Essendon cake. I want to be able to enjoy it.
Please bring Jobe in to play.

You mean to your party?
I understand but you must agree that we need him at the game!

Another guy that's done f all is Howlett and melksham .. So let's take a breath and look at others too

Is that just one bloke?  If that's the case, he should be doing much better than he is.......and we should be picking an extra player.

Jobe's leadership might steady the ship but please remember, he's been out injured for several weeks.  I hope the players dig deeper than last night most were shallower than a blow up plastic babies bath and twice as slippery. 

Only a couple of games to go boys, some of you ought to be playing for your places at the EFC.  New game and new opportunity don't waste it, please turn up to play for four quarters.

In Bellchambers and Out Daniher

An out of form not fully fit Belly offers more than Daniher does.

We cannot rely on Daniher if we want any hope of finals. I reckon we should give him the rest of the year off…

I'm a touch surprised people want to drop Dell after his game last night. I thought he was ok and better than quite a few. Yes, he needed to be more selfish a couple of times but I left the game last night thinking he could actually make it as an AFL player, whereas before that I merely hoped. He gets to dangerous spots and is clunking good grabs, also seems relatively composed with the ball in hand. Count me in as a believer.

Melksham won't get dropped. The coaches talked him up as a positive after the game.

Zerrett was good when he got it. Needs to get it more. He's a thoughtful footballer.

Fantasia has had a taste. Do they give him one more? He'll be the one making way for Watson I expect.

Dell...tell him to back himself and kick goals. If you're within 30 with a clear goal, have a shot.

We need to fark this side over twice to make up for the Richmond debacle.

Ryder will dominate the ruck, but all you'll hear is NIC NAT FAP FAP FAP

Interstate sides At Etihad are our specialty.

Except Sydney

We cannot rely on Daniher if we want any hope of finals. I reckon we should give him the rest of the year off...

O my

As a starting point:

In: Watson, Hibberd

Out: Daniher Howlett

Bomber hinted that Fletcher won't be ready and that he was annoyed that Daniher put his hand up to play but wasn't ready. Watson to play mainly as a forward. I suspect that Fantansia and Howlett will need to train really well. Hibberd in releases Winderlich to start forward. Carlisle to play in the ruck for 5 mins each quarter and when the ball is forward.