ROUND 21 ESSENDON V WESTCOAST - no more essington

Why Watson as a fwd? He had 31 disposals last year when he came back from the collarbone injury.

If anything, it should release BJ/Zaka fwd with Jobe in the guts.

Just win this one please

Melksham's figures from last night could see him stay in the side:

18 possessions, 2.1 at 89% efficiency.

I can't believe i am about to write this as I love the guy. But he has been terrible for a month. Showed no effort or leadership last night. Needs a massive kick up the backside. Constantly calls for handballs when under pressure or puts guys under pressure which terrible disposal.
The whole group needs a wakeup call, dropping this guy could really shake up the group
Out: Brent Stanton

I love Stants as well but other teams are making it part of their game plan to expose his agility and lack of leg speed, he has never been pacey but these days he is a genuine plodder.
Its hurting us to no end the way he is getting burnt off.
Not making any mention on his form or anything.
Has anyone else noticed he looks really slow atm, he almost has the turning circle of the queen mary, and his decision making seems to be slow also.
is he injured, or just to bulky and lost any agility and pace he did have, which granted wasn't alot to begin with.
Again not criticising him, for all those sensitive stanton petals, just commenting on his psyhical attributes.

LIKE. - for all those sensitive Stanton Petals.
It really is like that! people on here scare to post the truth about him for fear of being shot down hard.

Would really love to win this game well and with passion, as we are going to see them live,only get to Melbourne a couple of times a year and the game we saw earlier this year was against the doggies, and although we ground out a win, the celebrations were flat to say the least. I was lucky enough to see that awesome game against geelong in 2011/12?, ■■■■ my memory is bad sometimes for the actual year, that was just magical, just want a good win, especially if all goes well this week in court

Would really love to win this game well and with passion, as we are going to see them live,only get to Melbourne a couple of times a year and the game we saw earlier this year was against the doggies, and although we ground out a win, the celebrations were flat to say the least. I was lucky enough to see that awesome game against geelong in 2011/12?, **** my memory is bad sometimes for the actual year, that was just magical, just want a good win, especially if all goes well this week in court

Will be a great spectacle this one and will be a great result.

I can't believe i am about to write this as I love the guy. But he has been terrible for a month. Showed no effort or leadership last night. Needs a massive kick up the backside. Constantly calls for handballs when under pressure or puts guys under pressure which terrible disposal.
The whole group needs a wakeup call, dropping this guy could really shake up the group

I love Stants as well but other teams are making it part of their game plan to expose his agility and lack of leg speed, he has never been pacey but these days he is a genuine plodder.

Stanton will not be dropped this year no matter how bad he is.
I noticed the other night he has a little son. It can be very distracting having a new born/ young toddler. Maybe this is the reason he is off the boil atm.
To his credit he played well in the 3rd for half a qtr.

Has anyone else noticed he looks really slow atm, he almost has the turning circle of the queen mary, and his decision making seems to be slow also.
is he injured, or just to bulky and lost any agility and pace he did have, which granted wasn't alot to begin with.
Again not criticising him, for all those sensitive stanton petals, just commenting on his psyhical attributes.

It really is like that! people on here scare to post the truth about him for fear of being shot down hard.

The sensitive petals are like those on flycatcher plants - they are triggered to attack.

Of all our players, Stanton seems to have more of these sensitive attack petals than any other player: criticism of him is tolerated way less than anyone else.

I noticed the other night he has a little son. It can be very distracting having a new born/ young toddler. Maybe this is the reason he is off the boil atm.

Well maybe he should apply for parental leave until he feels he can play good football for more than 12.5% of the game.

Well maybe he should apply for parental leave until he feels he can play good football for more than 12.5% of the game.
+ 1.

We cannot rely on Daniher if we want any hope of finals. I reckon we should give him the rest of the year off...

O my

Yep...
It's a stupid comment from Silly Billy.
Short sighted, and lacking any understanding of the big picture.
Regardless of form, he will be playing in our Finals games on the proviso he is 100% fit (assuming we make it).
You can take that to the bank !!!

He's got a little son and cops a heavy tag guys !!!

I, like most of the above posters, think the depth we brought in looked great. Can’t wait to see what’s behind Kav!/Fantasia!!

Not like we are actually a chance of winning this, and making finals or anything.

Ful game for Kav,

Watson and hibbo in for fantasia and dell.

I, like most of the above posters, think the depth we brought in looked great. Can't wait to see what's behind Kav!/Fantasia!!
Not like we are actually a chance of winning this, and making finals or anything.

Damned if you do. Damned if you don't.

I, like most of the above posters, think the depth we brought in looked great. Can't wait to see what's behind Kav!/Fantasia!!

Damned if you do. Damned if you don't.
There are a few who honestly think every first/second year should be inked onto the team sheet first then we worry about guys like Goddard/Stanton later. After all they've had (amongst their 200+ games) some bad ones!
Change is good. Would be the first out the door when the team got pummeled as well.

IMO - there gon’ be SRS STFU-ing in these parts come team selection on Thu. This is a win at all costs scenario. The bring him in calls on NOB are melting my mind.

I would have NOB in before Kav to be honest.

The sensitive petals are like those on flycatcher plants - they are triggered to attack.

Of all our players, Stanton seems to have more of these sensitive attack petals than any other player: criticism of him is tolerated way less than anyone else.

I have always thought Stanton was no more than a bit/ peripheral player

I cannot understand how he has been elevated to hero status by so many

His time at Essendon from 2004 onwards encapsulates one of the horror periods in Essendons history

He has played more games than Long , Mercuri , Van Der Haar , Thompson, Hawker and Harvey (all true legends)

At any other Essendon era , he would be lucky to play 100 games

The longer we revere Stanton and his ilk the longer we will remain a mediocre club

The key for me will be how well they train this week. Bomber says they will have a few hard sessions, and that they weren't switched on at training last week, which was reflected in JM's excellent as usual report. More of the same will see us struggle. lf they are switched on there, it means they will be coming out to play, not play around. Bomber also says he doesn't expect Fletch to be fit for this game, he is sore so give him as much time as he needs to rest and recover.