ROUND 21 ESSENDON V WESTCOAST - no more essington

I can't believe i am about to write this as I love the guy. But he has been terrible for a month. Showed no effort or leadership last night. Needs a massive kick up the backside. Constantly calls for handballs when under pressure or puts guys under pressure which terrible disposal.
The whole group needs a wakeup call, dropping this guy could really shake up the group
Out: Brent Stanton

I love Stants as well but other teams are making it part of their game plan to expose his agility and lack of leg speed, he has never been pacey but these days he is a genuine plodder.
Its hurting us to no end the way he is getting burnt off.
Not making any mention on his form or anything.
Has anyone else noticed he looks really slow atm, he almost has the turning circle of the queen mary, and his decision making seems to be slow also.
is he injured, or just to bulky and lost any agility and pace he did have, which granted wasn't alot to begin with.
Again not criticising him, for all those sensitive stanton petals, just commenting on his psyhical attributes.

LIKE. - for all those sensitive Stanton Petals.
It really is like that! people on here scare to post the truth about him for fear of being shot down hard.

The sensitive petals are like those on flycatcher plants - they are triggered to attack.

Of all our players, Stanton seems to have more of these sensitive attack petals than any other player: criticism of him is tolerated way less than anyone else.

I have always thought Stanton was no more than a bit/ peripheral player

I cannot understand how he has been elevated to hero status by so many

His time at Essendon from 2004 onwards encapsulates one of the horror periods in Essendons history

He has played more games than Long , Mercuri , Van Der Haar , Thompson, Hawker and Harvey (all true legends)

At any other Essendon era , he would be lucky to play 100 games

The longer we revere Stanton and his ilk the longer we will remain a mediocre club

Wouldn't say hero status but averaging 23 disposals over the last 4 years is still pretty good at AFL level. Licha and him are theonly two gut runners in the team.....

What if we were to play howlett primarily as a tagger and  let hocking go free as an inside mid?

In: finishing, taking YOUR chance.

Out: over hand balling, the fans that want 80% of our team out.

Must win well with this one with all players put 100% of their mind to it, no exceptions. Of course it might turn out to be complete disaster depending on how the court case goes. I don’t think anybody will expect us to lose but you never know with court cases. A distraction it certainly is going to be for the players.

Gosh, how I hate the AFL especially with the revelations on the 8th of this month, I dearly love to see Vlad go to jail if ever there is any justice in this world.

I don't give a rats but Dell stays, he has the ability just needs to tweek his one on one ability and he will be a good small forward for 2015.

Rest can please themselves.

Stanton bashers you would hate if he was playing against us, he would expose our lack of endurance both ways.

If west coast win today they will be playing for our spot next week.

Our team are mentally fatigued theres no doubting this.

ASADA this month, court tomorrow would be playing a part I don't care what anyone say.

I hope by Wednesday it's thrown out ( hope ) because you will see a sleeping giant awaken.

Why Watson as a fwd? He had 31 disposals last year when he came back from the collarbone injury.
If anything, it should release BJ/Zaka fwd with Jobe in the guts.

With a collarbone injury you can keep your legs moving (water walking, leg weights, walking / slow jogging) where as with a upper leg injury that involved surgery it is really difficult to build up fitness. We don't want to force an re-injury, let Watson just be on the ground and play a very small role through the middle for his first game back. He is going to be a dangerous forward in any case which makes me think Daniher will be dropped.

EFC has a record of bringing players back too early and underdone. No doubt Watson will join that list of coming back a week too early.

I like the idea of Howlett being a tagger, we are going to need someone with a huge tank to run with Priddis. Perhaps Hocking and Howlett double team him.

Enter the big men

Beachcomber, Steinberg, Fletch

out little men

Fantasia, Kavanagh, Hooker (rest)

Steinberg delist, sorry after that many seasons on a list and opportunity to break in the senior side through injury this year was his chance didn't make the grade.

Why Watson as a fwd? He had 31 disposals last year when he came back from the collarbone injury.
If anything, it should release BJ/Zaka fwd with Jobe in the guts.

With a collarbone injury you can keep your legs moving (water walking, leg weights, walking / slow jogging) where as with a upper leg injury that involved surgery it is really difficult to build up fitness. We don't want to force an re-injury, let Watson just be on the ground and play a very small role through the middle for his first game back. He is going to be a dangerous forward in any case which makes me think Daniher will be dropped.
EFC has a record of bringing players back too early and underdone. No doubt Watson will join that list of coming back a week too early.
I like the idea of Howlett being a tagger, we are going to need someone with a huge tank to run with Priddis. Perhaps Hocking and Howlett double team him.
Stanton would be a better tagger

Enter the big men
Beachcomber, Steinberg, Fletch
out little men
Fantasia, Kavanagh, Hooker (rest)

Hooker will be first picked.

I would have NOB in before Kav to be honest.

Absolutely a no brainer I thought. But maybe they wanted speed as an impact or NOB is specifically working on a part of his game at VFL level.

My word. I agree gents, my comment RE was about not bringing him for the WCE game when our season on the line. No experimenting with youngsters next week. Jobe and Pig back in, possibly Bellchambers, Fletch if he's right. 

NOB is playing some good football this season and is definitely on exposed form, his output outweighs Kav at the moment. Though they are Two players with very different narratives. NOB is a natural leader, a pick 60 odd kid with a big tank in his 2nd year. He's in no rush, the coaches can see him developing in the 2s and being a quality inside mid when his time comes.

Kav is a top 20 pick in his 3rd year with a different temperament and different needs. There has been a lot of discussion about his confidence and presence on field and around the club. Kav is very much at a time in his career, where he needs to start showing something at AFL leve,l on the big stage, so the club can be sure they have something for their investment, I can understand why they went to him this round. It was a chance for him to stake a claim. But then they made him sub. So, the pressure on him was even more immense. Not sure when they'll play him in consecutive games!

Lets play Carlise, Daniher, Ryder, Bellchambers in 1 team

Fwd line:

---- Chapman  -  Carlise -  Melksham  ---

---- Ryder ----  Daniher -  Dell  ----

I’ve never seen so many retarded posts in just a space of 4 pages. Just wow.

weagles are fast no?

Interstate sides At Etihad are our specialty.
Except Sydney

except west coast last year.

Oh and that day that lil prick kicked 13

but yeah they are our specialty.

We cannot rely on Daniher if we want any hope of finals. I reckon we should give him the rest of the year off...

O my
Yep...
It's a stupid comment from Silly Billy.
Short sighted, and lacking any understanding of the big picture.
Regardless of form, he will be playing in our Finals games on the proviso he is 100% fit (assuming we make it).
You can take that to the bank !!!

Why is it stupid? I think is start to the season was well but I wouldn't want to rely on him playing solidly for the finals. Would prefer Bellcho

I was cursing Melksham during the first half, but he actually got it together at the end and needs to stay so he has a chance of finding consistency.

Keep him in, it looked like he began to turn the corner much like his second half against Carlton last year. Jake could get us into the finals.