Round 23 2019 Non Essendon Games

Buddy and Hanners reunion. Post game nose beers.

2 Likes

images%20(91)

So excited I couldn’t sleep.

@Diggers why aren’t you hosting this Buddy fap fesr on fox footy right now.

Early 90s era crowds incoming for Sydney. Well and truely jumped off

They’re waiting until Buddy plays his 350th some time in the last year of his contract in 2022. That’s the big game.

In a wheelchair ?

This will upset Diggers but stuff it.
From a promotional sense, the Buddy deal is obviously a winner and worth the money.
From a purely football sense, it’s been a spectacular fail.
They were right in their window when they got him, along with Tippett the previous year, and Sydney would have safely thought that 9 years of Buddy along with their list would equal a Flag, and possibly more than 1.

Now looks increasingly like it will be Buddy’s 9 years with no Flag, but his salary will seriously compromise their abilities to coax higher paid players to their club, or could cost them a player or 2.

But anyway, F*CK Sydney.
I can’t stand the Roos love fest over them on Fox.

3 Likes

A chance to win two flags is hardly a failure IMO.

If you were in their shoes at the time, do you say no to Buddy? Let him go to GWS?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, they have played in 2 GFs with him.

The mistake they made was Tippett. They thought with him and Buddy they would have one of the greatest forwardlines. Tippett was useless and his wages screwed them over. They are still trying to get that right.

1 Like

Ben Brown is a massive diver. Any sort of contact and he realises he can’t mark, he throws himself to the ground.

1 Like

Didn’t get it done though.
Now they have a slightly cooked Buddy for 3 more years on MEGA MONEY, whilst they are in a rebuild.

You either get the Flag or you don’t.
The gamble didn’t pay off.
They are just lucky St.Kilda are stupid, and took Hannebury and his over blown salary.

1 Like

Im with @bltn on this one. They got him to win multiple flags and they were in a window to to do it. They saw him as the missing peice and it didn’t pay off

1 Like

2 good games going for dead games here

Teams will always go for it in similar corcumstances, you have to, in order to give your team the best chance of winning the big dance.

Except the 2 that are on now I see, … that makes the decision easy. Replay of last night it is.

There’s supringsly some decent footy being played

1 Like

I believe in Buddy.

diggers in:

1 Like

McVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEIGH!