Round 23 2021 Non Essendon Games

I turned it on with 3 mins to go. What a finish!

The Cats tried to save the match, rather than play to win the match. Tey needed to attack and find more goal, but they became totally risk averse, which played into the Dees hands. To their credit Melbourne didn’t give up at any stage. The last kick by Lever to Gawn was very predictable, the lead up to it was there for all to see. Gawn drifted into a hole 15m out, and no one put a body on him, he was left all alone, in a hole, all 2M+ of him. Stanley was missing, and the other defenders also left him all alone. The Lever pass was perfect, and the Cats got what they deserved.

2 Likes

My tips have suffered this year by not trusting Melbourne.

Are they the worst team every to win the minor premiership?

Wow, what a comeback.

Just to add, the usual front runners from the Handbaggers went missing as well - Rohan, Dalhaus, Stanley etc

1 Like

HO HO

2 Likes

Evil, evil man. :grimacing:

No, not at all. Better than last years minor premier.

1 Like
3 Likes

Haha good old Carl Barron

I keep thinking I can - and getting excited about going to - watch our game at the pub after a Parma, then I remember: locked down again in regional Vic. Fk.

Just win Essendon… you’ll bring great joy to many people. :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Didn’t watch the Cats v Dees game.

Was there any footage of Scott losing it in the box?

Whoa - did the medical reports from Geelong say they were concussed?!

Cerra out for Freo. Big loss for them.

You don’t get a concussion report if you avoid being tested.
The week before finals you’d expect to see players locking themselves in the change room toilets to avoid any fussy medical staff.

No, he left the box immediately after Gawn took the mark.

I don’t think they’re too worried.
They’re still in the same position, though have arguably made next week’s task more difficult.

Wouldn’t necessarily be cognisant enough with. Concussion to think that clearly.

I didn’t see it, but there’s nothing in the AFL match report referencing a collision\injury. Their medical sub (Higgins) was unused. Cameron had 90% tog, Henderson had 100%, so it doesn’t look like they were even assessed (unless the incident happened just before half time and they used the 20 minute half time break to do a 20 minute concussion test, cleared them, and put them both back on when the 3rd quarter started.)

That’s a real shame.

Chris Scott’s legacy must always be that he inherited a ready made premiership.

1 Like

Jeez Cats made some critical errors in those last few minutes

WTF was Menegola thinking in NOT kicking it down the line to get another stoppage. Instead tries to switch to a team mate with a defender up his clacker. That play gets broken up and Dees surge the footy forward.

And then the kicking it OOB from the very harsh free they won for deliberate & also smashing the ball into the crowd when it was already over the boundary caused the 50m penalty

Chris Scott storming out of box once Gawn took that mark was great viewing!

1 Like

Cerra moving on no doubt to Carlton