Round 3 Non-Essendon Game Thread

Everyone was on the Dogs to be big improvers based (mainly) on their rally at the end of last year. I'm not sure that will happen this year.

Their list has a lot of very very young guys who don't look to have made the big step up over the off-season, and their same old 5-6 veterans (Murphy, Griffen, Morris, Boyd, Cooney & Minson) doing their utmost each and every week. Wallis, Dahlhaus & Libba have made the step up to every week contributors, but they were already there last year & they don't look like they've had many (Macrae being the sole exception) mates join them yet. I'm not sure all these other kids they're going to get any better as the year drags on and the pre-seasons that the 3, 4, 5+ year players (that they don't really have) start to show through.

Plus the Scrays appear to be trying to re-create Rodney Eade's forward line from ~07-09, Scott Welsh-Murphy-Johnson-Hahn etc.

Cam Mooney (who does some part time coaching) said on SEN last night they'd be happy to get 2 out of their first 7. They've got Richmond, GWS away, Carlton, Adelaide (home), then us. I'm not sure they'll start favourite in any of those. I'd be surprised if they manage more than last year's wins tally (6 or 7)

Cam Mooney (who does some part time coaching) said on SEN last night they'd be happy to get 2 out of their first 7. They've got Richmond, GWS away, Carlton, Adelaide (home), then us. I'm not sure they'll start favourite in any of those. I'd be surprised if they manage more than last year's wins tally (6 or 7)

If we are switched on, I don't think they will win any of their first 7.

They might beat Carlton, might!

Hearing that "Big Boy" is out for tonight's match. Sandi will dine out.

Hearing that "Big Boy" is out for tonight's match. Sandi will dine out.

WWWWOOOOOWOWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEE!!! NO BIIIIGGGGG BBBBBOOOOYYYYYY!?!?!?!

Only 2 good games out of 8.

Huge crowds expected again Andy???

Lot's of no-shows to blame

Only 2 good games out of 8.

Huge crowds expected again Andy???

Lot's of no-shows to blame

the arrogance of the man knows no bounds. 

And cost of food. High prices only been an issue these first 2 rounds, not past 15 years

Actually looking forward to the game tonight, should actually be a good game.

i've told my friends i'm busy and can't go out just so i can watch this game at home on the telly in peace, better be a ripping game

God I would love to have Gunston playing for us.

Look at those 65k hawthorn members! Must have snuck rover and mittens into the mcg.

Over

5 goals in 12 minutes

Freo are over rated.

We will make mince meat of Freo next week if this is how they are going to play…

well this game is over!!!!

Mcavaney: " He's gonna caress it down someones throat"

Freeeeeeeeoooooooooooo

wow i feel much better about last week hawks could've absolutely smashed us

No Ibbotson next week either against us next week by the looks of it, poor bugger.

You breathe on Hawthorn and get penalised and Freo get held and hit high and get nada.

Really hate Hawthorn.