Round 3:The Team

I’m still not sure what role Ham does in this team. Doesn’t really tackle, doesn’t kick goals, doesn’t tag (we don’t tag) and he isn’t an elite anything. The club isn’t developing him into anything of use in an AFL team. So can anyone tell me what function he performs?

4 Likes

Whipping boy?

15 Likes

He’s a pretty good kick. Just doesnt know how to get the ball or apply pressure. He’s that rare breed of footballer that’s neither outside nor inside.

Ham. That is all.

He stays in the team because he can play multiple roles/positions.

He’s bad at all of them, but that level of versatile mediocrity is admirable.

17 Likes

What’s funny is Devon could actually be a very good sub.

1 Like

He’s the opposite of the Bont. The Bont is so good at everything that you want to clone him and play him in every role. Ham is so bad at everything that you don’t know which role to play him in.

Think he helps choose the ‘tunes’ in the gym.

4 Likes

Probably default to kicking it to May.

1 Like

Would have to think Devon would be medical sub or a late in for Shiel if he doesn’t get up.
I think it’s a good move either way sends a message to a really senior player without potentially sending him back to play 2s.

I’d prefer to see Bryan over Phillips ordinarily although given it’s Gawn and Jackson combination I think Phillips probably better equipped. Still think Bryan will get his chance this year.

Francis is a bit stiff but if he capitalised on his set shots last week he probably stays in.

Ham… very lucky. You’d think he would have to really show something this week given Tippa back playing VFL, Snelling not far away and Hobbs pressing.

Overall pretty happy with selection. I think we’ll be a lot more competitive this week than the general football world are expecting.

2 Likes

Theyre never going to play Bryan

Besides Heppell, Stringer and Phillips, that’s a pretty young side, against a powerful side

He made the mistake of signing on for two years. Now we can just let him simmer slowly in the VFL and trade him for a future fifth rounder at the end of 2023.

1 Like

I think the likelihood is Hobbs gets the gig if Shiel doesn’t make it. And sounds like he’s to be preferred as medic anyway.

Never know how they’ll actually lineup when the team is put out but wouldn’t McG swap with Durham? Francis and BZT unlucky to miss.

At least we “shouldn’t” be penalised and give away 50s with Devon sitting in the Shane Warne stand.

Didn’t he debut last year?

You sure? Or fibbing?

You found it!!! You got ham and role in the same sentence. Ham roll, you want mustard with that?.

1 Like

How the ■■■■ is Ham still in the seniors, jesus christ lol

2 Likes

Great news…he’ll be happy with the changes!

2 Likes