Round 3:The Team

Must be Christmas.

1 Like

Well done selectors, thanks for being brave enough to dump Smith.

3 Likes

Two rucks does not work unless they are both quality players.

1 Like

I’m Brian!! Can’t play sorry, hanging around on the cross waiting for the peoples front of Judea, or maybe the judeans peoples front.

2 Likes

Why would he? He gets a game regardless of how half arsed he does his job.

Yawn.

TEX! And Martin again! Unreal.

Love that the coaches had the stones to drop Smith; he’s actually not a bad sub option IMO, given he can play in all three parts of the ground.

Really not sure about having two pure ruckman in the team, though - I would’ve kept Francis in and probably also brought Baldwin back in for Ham (with Wright to jump in as second ruck when needed).

Love that BZT & Hobbs are pushing for selection.

5 Likes

I tell you who’d be handy right now? Luke Dunstan. We didn’t want him but he’d be first choice inside midfielder in our team. Instead we have Ham who has had 2 games of 10 disposals each. 3 tackles across 2 games, 1 clearance total, 0 goals. No idea what value he adds to the team.

13 Likes

The Phillips for Francis thing is strange. Draper isn’t a useful key forward, and I’m not sure Phillips is either. It’ll be interesting to see how we structure up and if there’s some sort of tactical intent to it.

3 Likes

@Bomber93. Hey mate, I see Heppell is centre-half back, the most important position on the paddock…

With Tex in, seems appropriate to post this

8 Likes

I’m assuming that I’m not the only one who looks at a side with Guelfi named at CHF and Heppell named at CHB and then looks at the seven billion talls that we recruited and thinks what the ■■■■?

Clearly our strategy of 50% talls on the list is working

4 Likes

Bit like Francis being named as a defender and Laverde forward last week with Ridley on the bench, none of which happened….

Means nothing.

2 Likes

Only 30 years ago ? Who’s the commentator, with this gem around 3:30 ? :

“He got around the two coloured boys… and it’s a goal to Melbourne.”

3 Likes

There are 6/22 players in that team who are tall.

Our list is roughly 50% talls.

Either we are recruiting wrong or selecting wrong

Edit: or both

1 Like

1 Like

Gary Ablett Snr. would also be handy right now. If we’re doing wishlists.

2 Likes

I think that is a reasonable amount for a best 22. We clearly have an overall list imbalance between talls and smalls though.

1 Like

Explains why Devon was dropped :joy:

2 Likes

Well…yes. We could have recruited Dunstan whilst Ablett is the land of make believe.

1 Like