Round 4: Country Game vs Kittys. Saturday 16th April 1:45pm (MCG)

Really hoping for some Geelong injuries tomorrow.

This is rubbish talk

I think we are a tall short,Ambrose and Brown both run enough to cover putting a small out! And both can play either end!
I would bring in Grimley, he can also help cover the ruck as Geelong play 3
I’m not certain who to drop, I’m against it being JMerrett but think it might be!
I would probably go Crowley out

Really hoping for some Geelong injuries tomorrow.

This is rubbish talk

I was hoping for a catastrophe to hit the team.

No way dempsey should be coming straight back in. We have tried that for the past 2 seasons and he has been horrible.

Make him earn a game through good VFL performances and then Bring him in. Time for him to actually earn a game and not be gifted games

Out: Crowley, j merrit In: Long, McKenna

I think McKenna needs to be upgraded to senior list before he’s able to play

Out: Crowley, j merrit In: Long, McKenna

I think McKenna needs to be upgraded to senior list before he’s able to play

and long.

i still reckon long’s not ready yet. hes very skillful but needs to work on his intenisty and consistency.

i still reckon long's not ready yet. hes very skillful but needs to work on his intenisty and consistency.
He has been very consistent this year.
Out: Crowley In: Laverde

Will need Crowley to tag either Dangerfield or Selwood.

Has he tagged anyone all year?

Just agreeing with your Blitz cast (which is great) that they might use him as a “get out of jail free card” against Geelong due to them having such a dominate midfield with Danger and Selwood.

Laverde for jerrett. I have hope for the but fk me, when you have your only kick for the game with 9 minutes to go and you cough up 2 goals due to brainfadesin the first, you dont deserve a game next week

i still reckon long's not ready yet. hes very skillful but needs to work on his intenisty and consistency.
He has been very consistent this year.
youre probably right. i dont think hes ready for afl level yet though
It was definitely against the Tigers. Don't know what round, you're probably right. I honestly think we should bring him in, sounds as if he's rearing to go this year and prove himself. We need class too. Not sure who goes out, Dea would be stiff but as DJR said I don't think you could argue that he's as good at rebounding as Demps and that's what he's been doing.
Dempsey isn't class though, so on that premise you wouldn't be bringing him in.

Also dempsey is done as a defender, or at least should be. He was only kept on cos supposedly he was the next great coming as our forward saviour cos you know he’s fast and that.
So he should be coming in for a midfielder or forward at worst.
Being fitter doesn’t make up for all his flaws as a defender, to which pretty much all but 4-6 weeks out from the end of last season many wanted him delisted cos of said flaws.

So of our ex-Geelong boys (Brown, Kelly, Stokes), Brown was the only one to play them in the preseason? Hopefully their history brings advantage, not distraction…

Anyway, I expect Demps to come back in. He was very good ‘first up’ in the preseason…and I would replace Crowley. I don’t feel like we have been playing with a dedicated tagger, which really surprises me (before the season began I expected a lot of Crowley and Bags at the centre bounce), but must be Woosha’s style…

So of our ex-Geelong boys (Brown, Kelly, Stokes), Brown was the only one to play them in the preseason? Hopefully their history brings advantage, not distraction...

Anyway, I expect Demps to come back in. He was very good ‘first up’ in the preseason…and I would replace Crowley. I don’t feel like we have been playing with a dedicated tagger, which really surprises me (before the season began I expected a lot of Crowley and Bags at the centre bounce), but must be Woosha’s style…

Might have gotten away with Demps straight in as a sub, … or with infinite rotations … not now.

Needs to build at least some match fitness … surely?

Out: Crowley In: Laverde
t

Will need Crowley to tag either Dangerfield or Selwood.

Has he tagged anyone all year?

He seemed to be on Robbie Gray at times in the second half. I don’t think it’s the worst idea to put him in the midfield on danger. Agree it seems unlikely on the available evidence.

I’d be surprised to see dempsey come straight in, especially with tippa and dea playing well in his most obvious position.

He may have had a big preseason, but hasn’t played a single game this year. Think he will be given at least one game at vfl level to get some match fitness.

Out Kommer, Cooney
In Laverde, McKenna

Also, I think this week is the first week it’s going to get real ugly.
The heat and being a preseason game were the main reason we didn’t get belted by more 5 odd weeks ago.

All things being equal and we go out and play to the script we do so far, Geelong win by minimum 80 points. Anything under that is a win for us.

I'd be surprised to see dempsey come straight in, especially with tippa and dea playing well in his most obvious position.

He may have had a big preseason, but hasn’t played a single game this year. Think he will be given at least one game at vfl level to get some match fitness.

Thought Dempsey was a forward now?

cynic in me says afl told sheeds to make a new themed game cause ANZAC day will get given to someone else soon

Going to find it hard to take it off the team that wins :wink: