Round 4: Country Game vs Kittys. Saturday 16th April 1:45pm (MCG)

Also, I think this week is the first week it's going to get real ugly. The heat and being a preseason game were the main reason we didn't get belted by more 5 odd weeks ago.

All things being equal and we go out and play to the script we do so far, Geelong win by minimum 80 points. Anything under that is a win for us.

11 players for us that day haven’t cracked our best 22 yet.

Why would the heat and preseason effect us any less than Geelong?

Won’t matter who we bring in for this game, we will be slaughtered.

Out Kommer, Cooney In Laverde, McKenna

Will not happen. Cooney was good. He is experienced player. We need more experience against Geelong not another 2 guys who have played under 10 games.
Cooney will be backed in to return to form and I believe he will. He’s attack on the footy was actually really good V port.

We are still able to elevate a player to the main list iirc?
J merrit has to be dropped after his game on the weekend and Jacky Long has probably done enough for a call up. Will be a good player and has shown a fair bit so far this year, plus similar position to
Jerrit.

Think McKernan will come back in. Would love to see McKenna get a run.

From reading the VFL thread don’t know why everyone think Lav a lock for next week. Quiet second half from what I read.
Demps you’d think will be a lock. Maybe Jerrett out for him. Demps to wing
Smack only other possible in.
Usual Blitz wholesale changes has me lol

Yeah, ins or outs won’t have too much of a bearing on the result. 2016 games will be used to practice game plans, build depth, work out who fits into the coaches plans beyond this year. Any wins along the way will be a bonus #buildingabrighterfutute

I’d love to see Crowley tag Selwood and annoy the absoulte turd out of him, til Selwood snaps and does something stupid that will be deemed ‘low force’ and thrown out but Crowley will have 4 stitches above his eye and laugh about it anyway.

Long is an interesting one, could be brought in but must be played in the middle. None of this VFL mid as AFL forward nonsense. For mine, he is making excellent progress in the VFL and id leave him there for a whil yet, no hurry.

LAV! Could come in for Crowls and I think he’d benefit from time in the ones.

Oirish is the other one, I think he would be far more dangerous up forward than Kommer.

Dempsey should be made to earn a game.

Does anyone think we can harvest a win?

Fk.........here we go

Laverde was rested a fair amount yesterday.

McKenna, Grimley, Grima would be others in contention.

For me:

In: Grima, Laverde, McKenna
Out: Gwilt, J. Merrett, Gleeson

Cooney is in the midfield. And Dempsey gets some match fitness.

Just don’t think we’ve got the cattle to pull it off.

Out: Kommer, Gleeson
In: Dempsey, Grima
Need some height and strength in defence and Marty just looks off ATM.
Dempsey to play forward

Yes, we will not win this. Also we hate puns, this ends now!

Yes, we will not win this. Also we hate puns, this ends now!

Dam I hate these country puns!

Lamaros pls.

We’re a country mile off it, but as long as we don’t crop an absolute threshing, I’m happy.

I just want to see Crowley plough through their midfield. Stokes milking a few frees would be handy too.

Just watch Danger plough through the midfield, players scattering like chaff from the wheat…

edit: dammit Klawdy!!!

I think we will put up a good performance at the MCG and it won’t be a slaughter as many people think.