Round 4 - Vs Adelaide - Something to look forward to

Copied from Changes for Crows Thread (these thread double ups drive me nuts, merge please?)

Out: Langford, Hocking, Kelly (Rested - likely for all interstate games)
In: Stewart, Bird, Jerrett (if it’s a wet day, francis for stewart)

Bring in form. Jerrett can slot straight into Kelly’s role. When pops come back, Jarrett can move forward knowing he has form there.

Give Smack a run in the two’s in Stewarts position forward/relief ruck.

1 Like

Probably a good idea to wait for the weather forcast before deciding on changes.

Have people forgotten how ■■■■■■■ useless Jerrett is?

We want speed & we want height.

Out : Zaka & Langford

In : Green (if fit) & Stewart

Rest Kelly for Perth games (& Gold Coast game later in year); we need him while he is still in good nick

And Hartley for Brown - we need better negative defenders when playing a high scoring team like Adelaide

I would be included to give Hurley a spell - looks way off it.

Needs to find some confidence. Not running at the ball, kick ins are extremely predictable, not backing himself in.

1 Like

Time to unleash Jerrett, Bird, Green and Stewart for Hocking, Langford, Zaharakis and Kelly (rested)

Out: Brown, Kelly, Langford, Hocking
In: Hartley, Dea , Green. Francis

1 Like

Hurls is too good to drop atm IMO but he looks ordinary.

If you’d never seen him before and were just assessing him on the first 3 games this year you’d be very underwhelmed, if not concerned that he was an understrength, undersized key defender who isn’t a great kick of the ball.

Lucky he has plenty of credits in the bank and I hope he finds his touch soon enough.

Hurl’s looks like he’s lost a lot of conditioning and strength in his time off and now been struggling when he’s wrestling with his opponent. To think he bought a gym in his time off, he may have thought about using it.

Hurls was not even in our worst 10 players . Sure he is not back to 100% but he needs more games to get up to speed. So lets analyse who we have available who is better to take his place?.
No one. Right ? Hurls plays, if fit

2 Likes

Heard whispers that McGovern’s injury far worse than first thought and that it is tendon damage so probably 8-10 weeks out. Think Cameron will be let off at tribunal and Jenkins is a day to day proposition

2 Likes

Hartley is in better form than Hurley, not by much, but Hurley has been the worst performed out of all our defenders this year

At least I’ll be with parents this weekend so I’ll be in a loving and caring environment. Plenty of cuddles after the game.

4 Likes

Otten been playing well so will cover McGovern

I hope Jenkins plays as a 50/50 and Ambrose drills him as those ribs will still be very tender.

I’d be shocked if he plays. Reckon they are playing funny buggers as there are mixed messages from the club. One staff member reckons it’s only minor bruising yet another reckons he hasn’t even been back on the track yet and is feeling sore internally

Pretty much.

We’ll lose to crows but if we can beat pies then we’re ok

Funny enough, I reckon Francis is as close as we have to Hurley.
I’m not suggesting that btw - Hurley needs to stay in.

Expecting Fantasia to bounce back and put on a show in front of friends and family.

3 Likes

I love Charlie, but if he gets off for that hit then retire the tribunal.
Absolutely hit him high, off the ball.
I’d expect Jenkins to play.
Jacobs is as solid as they come, so we should go against tradition and definitely play a recognised ruckman against Adelaide this time.
I reckon their weakness is CHB.
Worryingly though, Hartigan who I do. not. rate. actually looked like a player against Port.
You’d like to think Daniher would be too tall for Talia, too. Dragging him out of the fifty would be very helpful.

Matching up their forward-line of Jenkins, Tex, Betts and Lynch is going to be a nightmare, let alone the goals from the midfield.

After yesterday’s garbage, I’m expecting the cliched ‘Honorable loss’ this saturday.

2 Likes