Round 5 Essendon v Geelong @ Windy Hill, 12pm Saturday May 13 2017

That’s an extremely slow VFL side.

That’s two really strong VFL sides.

However, I’m surprised that Hayball didn’t get a run in the Cats’ seniors for the country game.

2 Likes

Hmmm…

Francis CHB.

If Stewart in 3rd fwd role is a success may see Francis in for Dea next week should he play well also.

Hopefully Francis plays a strong game and gets intercepts a plenty.

When was the last time our AFL #5 played in the VFL?

1 Like

Or was he not in No 5 at that point??

1 Like

Pretty sure it was some blonde bloke until end of 2007

5 Likes

Yeah, . I realised soon after … early onset Andruska’s …

1 Like

Reckon it would have been this match:

Team included: TD, Hird, Mercuri, Misiti, Alessio, Denham, Manton, Ezard, Brad Plain, Symons… (see team lineup at 3:34)

9 Likes

Man that channel 7 intro takes me back!

He would’ve been in #34 at that point?

Probably 24 as Misiti had retired

2 Likes

Id love to see Stanton turn back the clock and dominate the VFL. Surprisingly our VFL side needs a win, I thought they would be travelling a lot better, obviously the cohesion from last year to this year has imapcted the VFL and the AFL sides.

VFL Side looks on paper almost as good as some of the teams on the park last year.
If we dont win the contest in the middle with Howlett, Bird and Stanton its a worry, plus hocking who would run through there as well surely.

1 Like

Loved this game

He played backline exclusively last week against Port. Not sure why we would be looking to play him back, given we have a squillion HBFers all about the same standard of “not quite”, and the AFL team has a sore need for inside mid improvement.

The VFL team is now used to develop young afl listed players so they can play in the AFL team. So hocking is effectively filling in space.

Thanks for the memories. These were simpler times- straight-laced Landy talking behind graphics of previous matches between the two sides…kind of refreshing compared to the bluster and froth from BT, Luke Darcy and co.

As an aside, I always thought Michael Werner was going to be a ripper…but he never came on.

Yeah that intro was fantastic. Way better than now.

1 Like

Exquisite day. I’ve played cricket in far worse conditions than today.

The quarter and three-quarter time huddle reports will be outsourced today (I just got sliced and diced, so no sprinting up and down the stairs for me).

Can’t wait to get those sweet sweet chip reports as the team kicks behind after behind and loses by 5 goals.

2 Likes