Round 5 Non-Essington Games

Two classic fixtures.
The Rhyce Palmer Cup into the Jamie Shanahan Memorial Shield.

3 Likes

What was the tweet to ryder that was racict?

A crows member replied to a pic of Ryder with banana emojis.

Not sure why his membership has only been suspended indefinitely. Ban these idiots for life.

Seems a lot of the racist jibes are from crows supporters.

AFL App cooked?

GWS seem to get a good following in Canberra

I’m no Hodge fan, but he makes a compelling point about Barrett here.

7 Likes

Very popular here.

Manuka is a shithouse ground to watch the game though.

Thats some spicy lasssange

images

1 Like

Pack them and move them there permanently

They would get good support. Canberra does enjoy its sport. I was surprised when I moved here how much AFL support there was.

Good qtr from Freo

Taberner thinks he’s playing Essendon

3 Likes

@scotty21 damn you i was just typing that

2 Likes

Well, as you would know, they would have quite a few, if not most of their population from interstate. Many of those would be younger professionals and young families (unlike on the GC). And there isn’t much going on in Canberra last I checked.

The difficulty they’d have there is trying to break the established allegiances of people like you who support real clubs. Getting good crowd sizes isn’t the same thing as generating a decent sized loyal fanbase, though it is more than can be said for Norf.

Contrary to popular belief, there is quite a lot happening in Canberra. You might get crowd sizes equivalent to the Brumbies.

Decent little game this one

1 Like

MATTY
TABS

1 Like

It’s just not Canberra though, the Southern NSW areas like Wagga are Aussie rules mad. My family is around Tumut and Gundagai and they reckon it’s growing massively

2 Likes

geez what a boil over