Round 5 Preview - Essendon vs St Kilda (19/4/14 7:40pm @ ES)

Whats the deal with bj? What did he do?

Sore groin apparently.

Out : Goddard(inj), Ashby, Van Unen, Jetta, Colyer

In : Ryder, Chapman, Fletcher, Myers, Orazio

OUT!!!!! STANTON!!!
Yep thats right!!

You can fark right off.

Swing the axe after that ****
Out: Van Unen (terrible, not afl standard), Ashby (terrible), Colyer (terrible), Jetta (just go and never come back), Goddard (injured)
In: Ryder, Dempsey, Chapman, Fletcher, Myers

Jetta you mean the guy that set up 3 goals with fantastic forward delivery and kicked one himself
Miles from worst on the ground

That's it Bomber.

Sick to death now of playing the kids and resting senior players. And also playing no ruckman.

Bring back Ryder, Chappy and Fletch, plus Myers. Play one of Goddard or Myers, whoever is fit. Don't bother pushing them both with only a six day break and a long plane flight.

If Ryder (well, and T-Bell for that matter) aren't fit then pull the pin and bring in Thurlow. Even if it's onle for two weeks until T-Bell gets back (removing him from the LTI list).

No more trying kids, let's win matches IMO.

Essendon FC ‏@EssendonFC 27m

Thompson expects Fletcher, Myers and Chapman to all be back next week. #DonTheSash
Essendon FC ‏@EssendonFC 29m

Thompson noted that Goddard was tight in the groin during the warm up and remains a good chance to play next week. #DonTheSash

https://twitter.com/EssendonFC

BlF9ahnCEAAusUN.jpg

Mrs Wim dragged me to the Adelaide game today.

St Kilda are a rabble.

First quarter record against GC under threat.

Have a look at where Bomba is. 

Legit used to call that an office lol. Ross Lyon demanded it got turned into a room for press conferences because he didn't want to walk to the other side of the oval.

Out : Goddard(inj), Ashby, Van Unen, Jetta, Colyer
In : Ryder, Chapman, Fletcher, Myers, Orazio

Agree, even if Goddard is cleared of any serious injury we may as well rest him with Ryder, Chappy, Fletch and Myers coming back. Get him 100% for Collingwood. 12 day break after a trip from Perth...perfect rest time.

After this we have Collingwood, Bulldogs, Brisbane and Sydney before the bye. We go into the bye 7-2 and the team is in great position.

ST KILDA'S dirty day at Etihad Stadium has been compounded by the potential loss of young midfielder Nathan Wright for up to three months and the possible unavailability of David Armitage for next week's clash with Essendon...

The 11-gamer was on crutches and in a moon boot after the game with the preliminary diagnosis a fibula fracture that will likely rule him out of a large chunk of his second season...

Armitage had stitches in a nasty laceration on his knee in the third quarter but was cleared of structural damage. 

Still, the Saints' on-baller remains in doubt for Easter Saturday night's clash with Essendon at Etihad Stadium...

"He's a 50-50 for next week with six days until we play the Bombers."
http://www.afl.com.a...s-unlucky-break

St Kilda Injury List (10/4/14) -

Sam Fisher (hamstring) 1 week

Sam Gilbert (foot) 4-6 weeks

Tom Hickey (calf) 1 week

Lewis Pierce (back) 5 weeks

Adam Schneider (back) test

No changes for mine.

Fletcher and his mates can earn their spots in the twos.

No changes for mine.
Fletcher and his mates can earn their spots in the twos.

How dare they not take recovery seriously and get up for this week. shot and delisted in that order.

IN: Chapman, Fletcher, Myers, Ryder

OUT: Van Unen, Jetta, Colyer, Goddard

B: Fletcher, Hooker, Baguley

HB: Gleeson, Hurley, Hibberd

C: Stanton, Watson, Heppell

HF: Zaharakis, Carlisle, Chapman

F: Winderlich, Daniher, Hardingham

R: Ryder, Howlett, Hocking

INT: Melksham, Myers, Ashby, Merrett

Looks a far more balanced team with Paddy back, allowing us to have 2 talls in attack. Should also mean Hardy gets a mis-match against the under-sized Saints defence. We should start heavy favourites and provided we play well, win handsomely. Rest Goddard anyway, I know he’d be keen to play against his old team but we need him cherry ripe for Anzac Day.

Bomba said that Zaka and Hurls and a few others were sick during the week, on top of the injuries already noted.

Lacked composure this week, need to bury the saints and look to anzac day.

Swing the axe after that ****

Out: Van Unen (terrible, not afl standard), Ashby (terrible), Colyer (terrible), Jetta (just go and never come back), Goddard (injured)
In: Ryder, Dempsey, Chapman, Fletcher, Myers

You have an extremely high dumb ■■■■ comment ratio, the likes of which have not been seen in awhile.
Keep up the good work Muppet.

Probably more suitable in the 'Review' thread for the Fremantle game but definitely has some relevance here for next week...
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xGQFwMYTws&feature=youtu.be&camefrom=EMCL_268871_12667226[/media]

I thought jetta was ok today!  kicked 1 himself and set up 3 others!

I would rest BJ NEXT WEEK so he is 100% for Anzac day

so my changes would be.

In Ryder,myers,fletcher,chappy

out: BJ, van unen,colyer ,ashby

Saints are deplorable. I'm struggling to think of more than 3 or 4 really good, dangerous players in their team.

Send Hocking to Steven (kid is a gun) and give Hooker the challenge on Riewoldt.

With our ins (Chappy, Myers, Fletch and Paddy presumably) this is a massive win coming up, 10 goals plus.

Out: Goddard, Colyer, Van Unen, Ashby (Little unlucky)
In: Chappy, Myers, Fletcher, Ryder