Round 5 Preview - Essendon vs St Kilda (19/4/14 7:40pm @ ES)

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROYY

giphy.gif

Out: Goddard, Van Unen, Colyer, Ashby

In: Fletcher, Myers, Chapman, Ryder

i agree with pazza. 

Out: DVU BJ Zaka Colyer

In: Fletch Chappy Myers Ryder(if ryder not ready then maybe give Fanta a shot as i cant think of anymore talls)

Ambrose and Ryder one week injuries. …

Ambrose and Ryder one week injuries. .....

To go 1-1 with no recognised ruckmen (especially when you consider one of those sides has the most imposing ruckman in the league) is a reasonable effort.
I'd expect Ryder to return this week and Bellchambers to make his debut in the VFL.
It would be unreasonable to suggest that a 2 game player in Ambrose will be the difference between us beating St Kilda or not. If he isn't right then he doesn't play.

Ambrose and Ryder one week injuries. .....

The club hasn't been honest with injuries for years now.
Build a bridge..

i agree with pazza. 

so do i

bags hurls fletch

hibb hooker gleeson

stants watson merrett

ryder hocking hepp

melk carlisle licha

hardy JD chappy

zaha myers jetta

howlett

B: Baguley, Hooker, Fletcher

HB: Heppell, Hurley, Hibberd

C: Myers, Watson, Stanton

HF: Zaharakis, Carlisle, Winderlich

F: Chapman, Daniher, Melksham

R: Ryder, Hocking, Howlett

Int: J. Merrett, Hardingham, Gleeson

Sub: Jetta

Emerg: Ashby, Z. Merrett, Edwards

Out: 50+ point defeat

In: 50+ point victory

If we are serious contenders we should be able to easily account for the Saints, no matter who we are missing.

B: Baguley, Hooker, Fletcher

HB: Heppell, Hurley, Hibberd

C: Myers, Watson, Stanton

HF: Zaharakis, Carlisle, Winderlich

F: Chapman, Daniher, Melksham

R: Ryder, Hocking, Howlett

Int: J. Merrett, Hardingham, Gleeson

Sub: Ashby

Emerg: Jetta, Z. Merrett, Edwards

I like this team bar one change

Would rather see the kid Ashby (or even Zerret) get more time ... especially against the likes of the saints where the last selected 'shouldn't; have an impact on the game. Let them get as much time and experience as possible. 

Jetta is on borrowed time and gone at seasons end. If our hand isn't forced to play him, give the kids (or Ambrose once fit) the spot.

It’s unlikely that both Jetta and Colyer will play next week with Chappy coming back. I think Colyer gives more than Jetta, but personally I’d rather get games into Zac Merret.
I’d go:
In: Chappy Z Merrett Ryder Fletcher Myers
Out: Colyer Jetta Van Unen Ashby Goddard (inj)

I wouldn’t risk Goddard, just have him right for Anzac Day

It's unlikely that both Jetta and Colyer will play next week with Chappy coming back. I think Colyer gives more than Jetta, but personally I'd rather get games into Zac Merret.
I'd go:
In: Chappy Z Merrett Ryder Fletcher Myers
Out: Colyer Jetta Van Unen Ashby Goddard (inj)

Tend to agree, there is more upside to Ferrett the younger than Jetta and Colyer combined.

I was doubtful about Jetta earlier in the week but he did enough to stay in IMO.

Even if Goddard is good to go, give him the week off.

Same for Fletcher I reckon. Van Unen can play another game for mine

In: Ryder, Myers, Chapman

Out: Goddard, Colyer, Ashby

B: Baguley Hooker Van Unen

HB: Hibberd Hurley Gleeson

C: Stanton Watson Myers

HF: Winderlich Carlisle Zaharakis

FF: Chapman Daniher Hardingham

RR: Ryder Heppell Hocking

I: Melksham Howlett Merrett SUB: Jetta

Goddard will want to play against his old club no doubt, but we need him more for the ANZAC day match. Can’t be risked for either if he is injured, if he is okay, he should both play games.

Out: Goddard, Van Unen, Colyer(don't think he will get another game tbh), Ashby

Goddard will want to play against his old club no doubt, but we need him more for the ANZAC day match. Can’t be risked for either if he is injured, if he is okay, he should both play games.

He didn’t enjoy playing St Kilda much last year. Had a bit of a bub after the game IIRC.

Goddard will want to play against his old club no doubt, but we need him more for the ANZAC day match. Can't be risked for either if he is injured, if he is okay, he should both play games.

He didn't enjoy playing St Kilda much last year. Had a bit of a bub after the game IIRC.

he played a good game though

Goddard will want to play against his old club no doubt, but we need him more for the ANZAC day match. Can't be risked for either if he is injured, if he is okay, he should both play games.

He didn't enjoy playing St Kilda much last year. Had a bit of a bub after the game IIRC.
Enjoy? Of course he enjoyed it. Don't mistake the reason for his tears as regret. He was up for the match, the tears were an emotional release, after the event.