Round 6 Essendon v Coburg @ Piranha Park, 1pm Saturday 20 May 2017

Love the biased Coburg announcer. Willing to take the urine out of his team losing.

Excellent

1 Like

Great job DJR and Co. much appreciated.

2 Likes

Its hard to watch a bunch of losers playing in our sash. We need to take them to the high court.

Tommy still too slow, ambushed by autograph seekers.

2 Likes

Cracking second half after a disappointing start:
Best:

Howlett - kept us in it during the first half. Hard at it, good vision, easy BOG

Langford - will be back in the ones and in the midfield. Seemed keen to put his mark on this game. Competed hard

Redman - looked seriously good. Got plenty of it, broke lines. Set up play nicely

Long - didnā€™t seem to make the mistakes of recent weeks while doing plenty when he got it

Clarke - got plenty of it. Did good things with it as well.

The rest:

Bellchambers- good game but whatā€™s his role? Draper in the ruck 75% of the time, Stewart playing as a gal in the ones.

Stanton - good with ball in hand. Didnā€™t get it a huge amount

Hocking - gone I think

Bird - gets it inside but clearly out of favor with the coach

Morgan - ok, nothing special

Mutch - improved a lot as the game went on

Gleason - ok

Begley - such a great kick. Goals seemed to be easy over the top ones in general

McNiece - solid

VFL: Boyse, Hind, Ferry, Holmes all very good

10 Likes

Thankyou for the coverage.
You guys are legends.

1 Like

Very thorough excellent comments. Ta.

What role did Redman have?

Hopefully, it was as a forward because thatā€™s what we drafted him as!

1 Like

Pretty much dead-on summary.

1 Like

How many goal beachcombers?

Nope.

Half back.

Butā€¦butā€¦butā€¦we drafted him as a forward.

How much toe has he got? Guys who are good users are an asset off half-back.

I donā€™t give a ā– ā– ā– ā–  who we drop.

GET
LANGFORD
IN

1 Like

I actually think that position probably suits him better based on his attributes and how heā€™s looked when Iā€™ve seen him play forward.

Todays broadcast of Radio 3DJR was proudly brought to you by Qantas, Australiaā€™s Friendly skies.

7 Likes

I forgot Draper. Heā€™ll be number 1 ruck from 2019, will play seniors next year. Clear taps, good follow up and learning how to work around the ground.

9 Likes

Thanks for the ps. Was beginning to think it was curtains for drapes.

2 Likes

Awesome to hear Langford and Redman had great games!! For us to take the next step we need these two highly rated kids to be part of it.

Thanks DJR.

Is there any sign that tbell is becoming more mobile, and gaining enough match fitness to become a ruckman, or is he going to have to kick more bags and win a place in the AFL forward line, enabling hooker to rdturn down back.