Round 6 Essendon v Coburg @ Piranha Park, 1pm Saturday 20 May 2017

Jekyll and Hyde team today. Monstered them in the second half. Great call guys.

1 Like

You need to pull yourself together.

1 Like

I love Teo, he’s my favourite along with Alex

Tom Wallis

The Langford, Redman, Bobcat, Tommy B all starred. Plenty to like about Mutch and Draper. Heater solid without dominating, same for Stants and Marty. It was a shellacking after half time (exactly the words used by the Conurg MC during the presentation of some cup at the end). Tommy officially BOG.

Long looked the goods although his kicking lacked penetration into the wind. I mentioned Redman, he was the real surprise packet for me, just lightning quick in traffic and always creative. Only a youngster - we need to persist with him.

5 Likes

Was only scrolling through quickly before, did I read correctly earlier Langford had 26possesions at half time? Impressive if so. May have been 3Q.

Good to see Redman slotted seamlessly into a HBF. He is a classy player so not surprising he did well given his ball use and decision making is great.

Great to run into DJR and Jackie. Spotted Sal with a big-arrsed camera so hopefully he can post some photos. Great day at the footy in warm, breezy conditions.

Food was ok, chips waaaay too salty, burgers not bad (branding idea: the Coburger … There ya go Coburg you can have that for nuthin). Beer available on tap, free parking, a big win, what’s not to like about all that.

5 Likes

And finally, cudos to DJR, the Thumb King. Just couldn’t go with him, kept beating me to the punch. Will try to stick to “special” comments next time.

3 Likes

From what I’ve seen, pretty quick without being lightning. Quicker than someone like Gleeson but not Conor McKenna pace.

All hail the thumb king

14 Likes

The Langford 35 disposals and 2 goals 3. Very handy performance.

13 Likes

Draper really is something pretty impressive. Hard to believe how little footy he has played. should overtake TBell as number 2 by next year sometime I would think.

7 Likes

Plus they mostly had a tag on him, whom The L generally chose to ignore. I want him back in the ones next week, we need to develop this kid and his confidence will be pretty high.

3 Likes

[quote=“Humbert_Humbert, post:348, topic:10484, full:true”](branding idea: the Coburger … There ya go Coburg you can have that for nuthin).
[/quote]
Will you pay the costs after they’re sued: the name is already taken elsewhere.

Will you pay the costs after they’re sued: the name is already taken elsewhere.
[/quote]

Um, ahem, yeah sure I will.

Any word on why Francis missed?

1 Like

We’ve got Bird and Langford banging door down as inside mid options at present with no opportunity.

David Myers would want to play a very good game tomorrow.

Good to see it all starting to click for Langford.

I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for Bird.

1 Like

Had a hearty lol at that …

What about the Humbertger?

1 Like