Round 7 Essendon v Nth Ballarat @ Windy Hill, 12pm Saturday 3 June 2017

BOYSE GOT DROPPED.

FFS.

Entry is free, come see your win for the day!

(Nth Ballarat had a good game last week; their win-less percentage is way up, to 40.15%)

Ridley returns from injury, Ferry from VFL state duties.

B: 49. M. Dea, 50. J. Ferry, 59. A Heppell
HB: 41. B McNiece, 14. J Ridley, 39. H Hocking
C: 16. J Begley, 54. N O’Brien, 19. K Mutch
HF: 20. J Merrett, 10. A Francis, 30. K Langford
F: 34. J Long, 44. S McKernan, 27. M Redman

R: 22. M Leuenberger, 24. C Bird, 37. D Clarke

I: 62. M Luxford, 63. M Darby, 65. O Uysal, 25. A Morgan, 38. S Draper, 70. A Carr, 55. D Younan, 58. B Dobson

23p: 75. M DeWit

2 Likes

If the VFL team winning means the AFL team wins, why don’t we just play all our best players in the VFL?

5 Likes

Ridley CHB they must rate him

1 Like

?
He’s a tall defender, what else is he going to do in his first game back?

2 Likes

Here’s the list of important players for North Ballarat:

Nick Rippon.

2 Likes

Come off the bench. How should I know? I’m not a selector and nor are you. Thought our centre half back just represented Vic so all I’m saying is he must be rated. Sorry I offended

injured?

Play him forward.

@theDJR - They don’t list reasons for being out mate, Boyse, I expect is being rested like Hind was a few weeks back

3 Likes

I’ll rant if I want to.

9 Likes

Recommend everyone get down to Windy Hill, and just pretend it is the only game our boys are playing this weekend.

1 Like

We’re HIDING HIM!

Now, everyone keep your voices down about him, right?

5 Likes

KPF?

FWIW I was just looking at our VFL list on the Essendon website and spotted this statement at the bottom of the page:

" 23rd man rule. An eligible player can play five games as the 23rd player. Player are eligible if they are playing their first season out of the TAC Cup as a 19 year-old, or if your 20 that year but playing your first state league contract."

1 Like

Starting 18 is 15 listed players and our 3 best VFL players. Hopefully a big win coming up.

SAD.

@Catherine_Lio !

5 Likes

Just a general heads up for anybody using trains to get there - the system that handles train departure times appears to be down across the network (at least has been down at Sunbury, Flinders St and Richmond) and announcing has been terrible. My suggestion would be to map out platforms and train times before leaving or via phone

Boyse is our best VFL player imo.

2 Likes

Yeah, well, I don’t object to three of our four leaders being allowed into our starting 18.

(Younan, not convinced. By the way, I gather Marklew kicked six last week despite not being named in his team bests.)