Round 7 Essendon v Nth Ballarat @ Windy Hill, 12pm Saturday 3 June 2017

Smack long point.

28-13 at 21 minutes.

And they have a mark forward. Not good enough.

Today may be the day.

Are his goals from joe the goose all on the lonesome in the goal square? Or big pack marks in the goal square?

Falls short, somehow.

But now Merrett trails his man to a mark, 35 out directly in front.

Miss!

28-14

Also, DeWit can’t hit guys in the open by foot.

But ending a sentence with a preposition is ok though?

3 Likes

Sounds like DeWit = delist

1 Like

Ridley gets a rebound. Welcome back.

All the way down to our square, where a kick from Langford is snaffled over the top by Draper.

Goal.

34-14

1 Like

Not meaning to be pedantic, but if we are going to have a correct English session here, you can’t have “3 best players”. You can have a “best 3 players”. It’s a very common error that few people pick up on.

Another common error is when people start a sentence with the words “Not meaning to be pedantic”
and then they say something pedantic.

9 Likes

Long’s pace saves us on a quick break, rushed by McNeice.

34-15

34-16

Can’t wait until we have all of Langford, Francis and Draper in the seniors. Future stars written all over them

1 Like

Siren.

5.4.34 we lead 2.4.16

We (semi-justified) pushed too far forward at times, letting them have a chance of scoring when our midfield pressure lapsed briefly and they had a chance to go forward.

When people say 3 best players I think it’s just a shortened version of “3 of our best players” - which is the way I take it…

Nobby probably had 15 disposals that quarter. Loony dominated the first fifteen minutes, Langford did well mid and briefly forward, Francis could well kick a bag, Ferry safe as you like.

2 Likes

That one handed gather and quick kick forward by Draper was nearly highlight of the quarter for mine. Nice agility.

2 Likes

Better stay on topic, or risk being banned until August 2044. These mods are pretty ruthless.

1 Like

Has Ridley done anything?

1 Like

P.S. Nick off, pedants. Even if that usually is my role.

2 Likes

I think Ridley started on the bench, playing down back now.