Round 8 2022 Non Essendon Games

This is only the 4th time that two games have been scheduled for the same Friday night. We were involved in the first 3.

The first two were in 1999 and 2001. And we won both. A 48 point win over Adelaide at Football Park (1999) and a 47 point win over Sydney at SCG (2001).

The third was earlier this year against Melbourne (29 point loss).

I can see the idea behind having two Friday night games on the Mother’s Day weekend to reduce games on the Sunday, but hope it doesn’t become a regular feature at other times.

1 Like

Motlop pulls another goal back for PA. Shaping up as a decent contest.

Horrible deliberate call, though.

1 Like

carn port.

Finlayson takes a contested chest mark, goal. Got away with a little push in the back.
PA 3.0 - 18
WB 2.2 - 14

1 Like

Wines scrambles a chip kick forward. Finlayson marks on the F50. Kicks on the 45, hooks it badly OOBOTF.

Sorry Doggies - you’re not going to have the easybeats out there this evening to make you look great like last Sunday.

How the fark did three dogs defenders not stop that mark?

Wines with a quick kick, high into the GS. SPP marks on his chest among 3 Doggy defenders. Easy goal. SPP should never have gotten close.
Naughton replies quickly for the Dogs, with an A grade bounce dropping straight into his hands.

Naughton causing all sorts of problems for PA in the air tonight. Marks in the GS, goals. Had another goal reviewed.

Robbie Gray causing the WB their own problems. Game is shaping up to be a great contest.

Port can’t miss

cheating mcduckdive played on there.

4 Likes

Lol. Pathetic umpiring

2 Likes

How was that not HTB?

because he drove him into the ground via his back. I despise the lil turd as much as the next, but that’s a free every time, or should be.

it was called a mark.

umpire ignored the fact he played on and brought it back.

Eerie silence by the commentators

1 Like

Correct / umps brought it back for the mark.

1 Like

So glad I picked Port

1 Like