Round 8 2024 Non Essendon Games

Starting this one early because it looks an absolute belter.

Showdown
FC vs Klan
Chickens vs GWS
St Kilda vs North
Melbourne vs Geelong
Richmond vs Freo
Footscray vs Hawthorn
Brisbane vs GC

3 Likes

All games bar Saints/North and Doggies/Hawthorn are 50/50.

All general public tickets for FC vs Klan are gone, will be 90k+

Why is brisbane vs GC on at 7:10 on a sunday, wtf were they thinking

PH in QLD on the Monday

2 Likes

Crows, Klan, and Cats win and we’re gonna blow our chance of jumping into 4th when Harley Reid has his way with us

if i can find a ticket, Pies vs. Fark would be a great game to go to. i havent been to a non-Essendon game in like… 10 years.

2 Likes

Jon Ralph said they’re expecting 92-93,000 :flushed:

They’ll get it

Rozee fit to play after missing 1 game with a hamstring. If he played for us it would be 8 weeks

3 Likes

You don’t think Freo going to easily dispose of the Tigers.

This week?

That would mean he won’t miss any games.

Misread it, fmd wish we had that kind of luck .

I still don’t trust Freo at the MCG

I don’t think it has anything to do with luck

1 Like

I’m really looking forward to Sydney vs GWS on Saturday arvo.

No reason why this shouldn’t be an absolute belter.

Both teams in great form and importantly and oddly when you look around the injury lists across the competition, both teams are at close to full strength.

The Giants will regain Toby Greene, Sam Taylor and Stephen Coniglio meaning they will have their best 23 available while Sydney will likely regain Luke Parker and Dane Rampe meaning they’d only be without Callum Mills.

Edit: I take it all back. Up to 40mm of rain forecast in Sydney on Saturday. Yuck.

One of my best mates is a Klan fan, I’ve been to a few of their games over the years, always rooting for the opposition of course.

Best was the 2022 Elimination final v Geelong. I nearly got bashed with how much I was carrying on

4 Likes

… incite a riot.

If you go, wear an Essendon scarf.

3 Likes

It’s going to be an absolute cracker.
But I’ve no love for either of these clubs.
I hated Collingwood most as a kid and as a young Bomber fan.

But I wouldn’t mind seeing FC go hard and have a half time lead of say 8-9 goals, and the Blues Bros start to crack open the champagne…
And McCrae then moves his #7 Josh Daicos to the FP in the second half who proceeds to kick 6 and the KKK come storming home to win.

I was at the 1970 GF. It was an insane game. When Barassi became a coaching legend and Jezza took that great mark over Jenkins. It’d be so sweet if history repeats but with a revengeful twist on FC.

I reckon the Daicos bros will be unstoppable and Pies win it.

Have an unfortunate feeling that FC will win comfortably

2 Likes