Round 9 2020 Review - Engage Essington Mode

Happy Clappers actively continue to contribute to everything wrong with this club for 16 years.

Hur dur support da boyz.

4 Likes

Learnings

The Learnings I took out of that game is that the umpires are the biggest crooks in the game. I can’t blame the players for dropping their heads after a couple of quarters of a 5hitshow of an umpiring display.

5 Likes

There were many,many ‘knowings’ not ‘learnings’ tonight.

We know Tbell is done.
We know Zaka is done.
We know our forward line is rubbish.
We know our midfield is basically bottom half of the 8
Standard.
We know our list is very thin,as exposed by injuries.

3 goals? That is absolutely shocking.

Im not usually a pessimist,but I think we might be in for another block of joyless seasons.

Im down man…

3 Likes

I just wanted to watch a decent game of competitive footy for a prime time slot, wasnt going to be too upset if we lost in a tight game as long as it wasnt like the game against the bulldogs… Yeah the umpires ■■■■■■ us early on but ■■■■ me we threw up the white flag early on.

Sick of always seemingly having so many players on the ground with so few possessions also. We just dont seem to be able to string clean passages of play together at all.

Dermie’s right, we need some leadership. We were headless. No Hooker, no Stringer, no Hep, no Joe.
They looked so organised at the back.

Only game I can remember with almost ZERO positives

Draper

1 Like

You want us to endure another attempt by Dudoro to build the list?

Happy to say I called this early and saved a lot of angst

Post #440, about 5 minutes into Q1:

11 Likes

No!!!

He fcking goes if we rebuild

At least every second Knights coached game was worth watching.

The Worsfold era (and this year in particular) has been a shitshow…

5 Likes

Wrong person - its @simmo41 you’re after.

1 Like

I’m so flat after that. A completely nothing performance form a nothing football club.

But the thing that gets me the most is how absolutely poorly coached we were. Again.

Week after week, the other team waltzes the ball out of our defensive 50. Week after week, in the equivalent position we are hemmed into the pocket and need to bail out kick to an out numbered contest. AT BEST, we get an out of bounds.

How is this still happening? How is our lack of structure NEVER addressed?

This doesn’t take talent. It is pure structure and effort. And it never changes.

6 Likes

Ess Cann - Gif

24 Likes

What’s with so many of our players going backwards? Francis, Redman, Merrett. This club destroys guys.

4 Likes

Get some spine Essendon - sack the coach and promote the senior assistant! Wait…

The balance of the side was off. Part of that was forced but playing both Bellcho and Draper failed. They were fine in the ruck but it meant that our forward pressure was abysmal.

They also put some time into Ridley and it showed. We barely got an intercept mark and weren’t able to move the ball quickly or efficiently.

Coupled with our lack of pressure and inability to break into space, gives you what we just saw.

2 Likes

How can we see and the coaches don’t. It is either they are not concentrating, too slow or too lazy.

/end thread.

1 Like