Round 9 2020 Review - Engage Essington Mode

things that worked

we were good at clearances early
draper and bellchambers looked good.

negatives

forwardline looked dyfunctional
delivery to forwardline was bush league
slow ball movement all day no run and carry.

2 Likes

That was unacceptable.

Make some big decisions NOW.

Move forward as a club.

3 Likes

yep the dogs game broke me. it was the realisation nothings changed.
i was gonna take a break, but you know literally what else is there to do when you live in melbourne atm.

this merry go round is not good for anyones sanity, and more and more it’s just not worth it.

2 Likes

Let’s give away our next 2 first rounders to bring in a quality mid

Oh wait…

Plus we were always caught on the wrong side of the ball, ■■■■ coaching performance

neale 33 possies 2 goals

put a body on him at any time during the game

NAAAAA, he’ll prolly win the brownlow but let’s just let him do whatever he wants all over the field

1 Like

Playing sht, but hanging in there, slowly wrestling some control back. Umpires decide to intervene with the biggest bullsht frees ever seen to gift the opposition a couple of goals. Essendon fights on, but then the umpires put the whistle away going the other way. Confidence ebbs away, opposition gets their tails up. Essendon looks like the worst side ever.

This is not the first time this year that absolute umpire cheating has sucked the soul out of us mid game.

I can’t even blame the players. These umpires obviously hate Essendon, and the players feel it.

18 Likes

I’m binging to think truck is no better than Woosha

1 Like

Didn’t watch. Knew this would happen. Three goals for an entire game is unacceptable. Agree with Dodga - things need to happen Now!!!

1 Like

Just putting off the rebuild. We will be on this mediocrity train for another 10 years if we don’t rebuild.

6 Likes

I swear if the ■■■■ mentions the L word in the presser

2 Likes

the club is incapable of making hard decisions at any level

4 Likes

The coaching… boy oh boy… wowee…

2 Likes

We are broken as a footy club.

Poor, poor coaching. The coaches could do with some “learnings”.

2 Likes

Essendon 4% goals when going inside 50.
Brisbane 60% goals when going inside 50.

Is our forward line or backline worse?

Xavier grow some balls and make some tough decisions.
Daniher go if you want!
See you Orazio!
They both don’t play anyway.
Conor only stay if you want to stay.
Salary cap space.
Time for a rebuild.

2 Likes

Let’s put Redman who is barely division Z bush league on Cameron.

Let’s not tag Neale.

■■■■ right the ■■■■ off.

7 Likes

We are a good team, out of luck.
Obviously just a training cycle mishap! We will peak next week. You’ll see.
A young side with no on field leaders, or people not willing to do the hard Yards.

Just over this ■■■■. It get tiresome.

1 Like

I was gonna put this in the review thread, but I want to move out of the general grumbling and have some real talks. If mods think otherwise then do your thing.

I woke up this morning to a notification that a full day seminar I had on was rescheduled. Which means I’m bored. And when I’m bored I pick fights.

I read through last week’s team announcement thread, and made note of every poster that expected a win, and wanted to to rub it in all of their faces that they didn’t get to happyclap to a win and therefore can’t really enjoy the loss.

Don’t give me “huuuuuurr lid on” or “it was only by sixty three points against a top 4 side”. The comp is way more lopsided than it’s ever been and there’s that much more difference between the top and bottom sides like there used to be.

I got real keen to stir some sht to fill out my Friday. But then my stupid dumb empathy kicked in and I thought about why some supporters seem to find excitement in watching their favourite team play medicore footy and get enjoyment out of mediocrity. There’s gotta be something going on. Is it the some simpleton mentality that doesnt allow for critical thought? Are you still blindly following the club from “the saga”? Have you just been happy since your childhood when Essendon won flags? Is it disappointment in adulthood itself and blind faith in the club is projected on to the team?

Talk to me Blitz. I’m listening.

P.S. This thread was always coming @simmo41

2 Likes