Round 9 of some year game review v freo

The thing is…um…with that game…I think that…

100%

Grow some balls and take that shot. You miss so what, at least we can sit up for a kick in.

1 Like

Congratulations to all the bombers fans at the ground today. The noise was great and I reckon it gave the boys a lift and got them over the line.

11 Likes

Cox is a really important player for us. 1st year player and he has become a key to our game. Quite amazing.

23 Likes

Can we never let zaharakis play ever again

7 Likes

How’s Loeb not being paid that mark in the dying minutes!? Hahahahaha
I’m glad we’ve finally managed to win a close one. I am really enjoying watching these kids develop each week.

5 Likes

Really weird game. We looked great for about 5 minutes at the start, and better than them in the last half-quarter. But for three quarters in the middle it was putrid.

Very very few players who could hold their heads up on winning their positions, but efforts were generally good. Intelligence was god awful.

Amazing how much difference Cox made, and how we missed Franga/Ridley intercept marking. Umpires went from reaming us to gifting us in the last.

But fundamentally, Freo kicked themselves out of it.

6 Likes

Essendon fans on the ground won it for us. Was huge in the second half.

2 Likes

Anyone get the crowd attendance?

1 Like

OK I’ll be glass half full - there have been plenty of games this year when they played a heck of a lot better and lost - Swans game for example.

If they are going to improve they have to learn to grind out games and win when they are off their game. Happens to every team. They did that today.

Essendon of the past few years has often dropped games it was expected to win. Today was a small step toward fixing that up.

15 Likes

A nearly exact replica of the 7 point win (60-53) over the Dockers at Marvel back in 2019.

Game panned out fairly similarly. Glad to win.

You’re not going to play beautiful football each week and win. It’s not going to be a St Kilda like game each week, especially when we were 15th on the ladder coming into the game.

They had the likes of Fyfe, Mundy, Walters and Taberner (who always kills us) playing today. Really happy to win that and the types of games we are going to need to win in order to improve further.

6 Likes

lav playing as a forward = anyone look at him and he gets injured
lav playing as a defender = busted ankle plus getting a fist to the face = play on nothing to see

must be different air or something when ya play in defense.

20 Likes

It wasn’t a mark

7 Likes

I think they said 26000 odd.

4 Likes

defenders have that big chungus energy

i will admit id ont know what chungus means

5 Likes

Big chungus in next week

Parish is a ■■■■■■■ star.

6 Likes

An old fat Bugs Bunny is all.

We have progressed. Now the Essington side is able to scrape a win.

7 Likes

Parish