Russia invades Ukraine - 3 - from 23 Oct 2022

But the enormous economic bribes are hollow. Whatever promises China makes can be taken back at a moment’s notice once they have control. China is quite happy to walk back on these kinds of commitments.

I agree that they won’t invade after seeing what happened in Ukraine. Instead, they will try the intimidation route with the noose made tighter and tighter through more overt military drills, part time economic blockages for “safety reasons” and more and more crap to try to make life in Taiwan unbearable.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Finland never forgets

3 Likes

Skipping a bit (worth reading) - basically start training as early as possible.

8 Likes
3 Likes

Agree, there is 0 point sending systems that are not going to impact. I don’t think the general public really gets that sustainment is actually in many respects a much bigger deal than acquisition when you’re talking about the defence sphere.

Unfortunately you can’t just throw someone into a complex, modern defence platform and expect them to just pick it up.

I am 100% on board with giving Ukraine tanks, planes, long range weaponry and whatever else they need. But rushing it will just get people killed and destroy valuable equipment. It needs to be done properly, no matter how frustrating that might be for people who want this thing to be over.

8 Likes

“■■■■■■■ Tea Saloons”- for all those Sven Hassel fans…

2 Likes

Good interview digging into Turkey’s motivations and difficult relationship with NATO.

1 Like

5 Likes

It’s not only Turkey, others that don’t apply sanctions. The only way to control the high volume of Serbian air traffic is through air space restrictions.
What is the volume of commercial air traffic with Israel ( which allows Russian Jews entry, including from the Russian Jewish autonomous region).?

Ah, this may be why Russian tanks attack without infantry support

https://twitter.com/bigSAC10/status/1618609882504257537?t=LXATf0-7BCXnqpXJejIFow&s=19

2 Likes

Averaging around 2 flights per day between Israel and Russia. Turkey is averaging around 40 daily’s but has had up to 80 in a day

5 Likes
3 Likes

Good points and happened already in Iraq with isis

2 Likes

While I got you… what’s the combined arms counter to artillery?

Ukraine will have a IFV / Tank / Artillery combined arms capability. Russia will try to stop that with artillery.

Ukraine won’t have airpower of note. Will it just be counter battery radar and HIMARS / artillery retaliation?

1 Like

You start with dispersion to not give a good target or indication of what’s mounting, only converging for the assault, and good recce (including uav) to find the positions and start suppressing withe everything, fast air, aviation, HIMARS, EW. Obscure any possible observation positions with smoke as well as the defensive position. And finally CB radar to locate remaining tubes firing.

5 Likes

Interesting. I know Ukraine has been scattering their offensive formations in small units. They only coalesce for a specific goal, like the Kharkiv offensive.

3 Likes
2 Likes

2 Likes

Looks like Wagner need to move to LinkedIn, rather than recruiting from prisons…

3 Likes