Russia invades Ukraine - 3 - from 23 Oct 2022

Continuing the discussion from Russia invades Ukraine - 2 - from 4 May 2022 - #10036 by megahertz.

Previous discussions:

1 Like

[=“Benny40, post:10032, topic:25784”]
Poland ain’t ■■■■■■■ around.
[/quote]

Poland has had enough ■■■■■■ experiences with military domination by their neighbours between 1939 and 1991 (and before that up to 1918) to take this sort of thing seriously.

And after hosting a few home games, they would be keen for away next time.

6 Likes

Go home, Russia.

6 Likes

Ticked over 10,000 posts!
Thanks Benny Authur Taojas and a few others for all the work you have put into this awesome thread. You guys rock!
Not sure what you blokes do for a living but you sure have put a lot of time and research into your posts and we all appreciate it!

28 Likes

It’s murky and kinda spooky footage. Take from it is this was almost certainly an external explosion that pierced the pipe, then the escaping pressure peeled back a huge section of pipe. Impressive physics.

4 Likes
2 Likes

quite a few!

4 Likes
4 Likes

Domination by neighbours since 1772, basically the norm for Poles

4 Likes
12 Likes

20,000…

1 Like

Meanwhile … the U.S 101st is rehearsing its role in nearby Romania if asked. Sending a message to Vladimir

5 Likes

@ArthurD @Benny40 any idea if NATO could go to war with Belarus without drawing Russia into the conflict?

1 Like
8 Likes

I got stuck in a thread yesterday on twitter of people posting stories they heatd from their grandparents about Russian “liberation” in WW2. The theme was consistent: stealing and rape. Children being hidden from soldiers. Mother’s forced to offer themselves to stop the Russians from raping their daughters. It was grim reading, particularly when there were comparisons that put German occupiers in a good light.

What we’ve seen in Ukraine is typical Russian army behaviour from yesteryear. There is something morally bankrupt in their culture.

One thing that stuck with me though, is that they are heavily hated for these actions. I learnt about how pain can move down through generations through knowledge of what grandparents went through. I can only imagine what has been passed down, and that being the case, Poland probably isn’t the only country itching for payback with the Russians

9 Likes

Belarus is a Russian puppet state. The only reason Lukashenko holds power is Putin sent in the Russian army when the last election went against the regime. There’s mutual defence treaties in place. Plus nato is a defensive alliance, so would only assault Belarus if Poland was invaded.

My view is Putin started the war with Ukraine in 2014 to force it to stay in Russia’s sphere of influence. Belarus is well and truly aligned to Putin. Putin is fighting the war in Ukraine to prevent it drifting to the EU. No way he allows Belarus to similarly fall.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Turkey now the holdout.

9 Likes
1 Like

Unconfirmed

3 Likes