Russian Anti Doping Goes Ape

I’m not saying Bolt is doping, but history tells me that I sure as hell will not say he isn’t.

Not after Marion Jones admitted to it, not after the track record of track and field records, and not after the way I defended Armstrong to my friends.

I will now and forever remain skeptical of dominant champions. And that saddens me.

It's a slur on Bolt until it's proven. If every record breaker from this point on is to be treated with suspicion then we're in a dark place on sport and should probably give it away.
You're a fool if you think it's clean.

I don’t think any less of him, if that makes you feel better, he seems to be a nice guy, a graceful winner, a beautiful athlete to watch and he is extraordinarily fast.
It’s just blindingly obvious that, much like cycling, you’ve got to be on something to compete in that world.

Every other guy who’s run under 9.8 has been done. He’s beaten 9.6.
Quacks like a duck.

It’s a bit rich to say someone like Bolt is on the gear, then moan about the treatment of EFC by the wider public.

We were ■■■■, though.

We were ■■■■, though.

That, and we were singled out when every other club would have similar practises

I really don’t care what guys are using (and I could make a compelling case that steroids could potentially level the playing field)
I just want to see people do mind boggling things when it comes to professional athletes
How much more boring would it be if everyone in the 100m suddenly started putting in 10 second plus times because it got cleaned up

I believe Bolt is clean. Perhaps because I really want to believe he is clean. Surely he is subject to targeted off-season testing by WADA.

I have never thought he was clean. After the Ben Johnson brouhaha I dont believe an athlete can be that far ahead of the opposition on natural talent and training alone.

Carl Lewis being the beneficiary of that is just as disgraceful.
I believe Bolt is clean. Perhaps because I really want to believe he is clean. Surely he is subject to targeted off-season testing by WADA.

I have never thought he was clean. After the Ben Johnson brouhaha I dont believe an athlete can be that far ahead of the opposition on natural talent and training alone.

An argument could be made that you could put a black line through that whole final ala the Tour de France

An argument could be made that you could put a black line through that whole final ala the Tour de France

The 1988 100m final & Lewis-Johnson rivalry is covered really well in the book by Richard Moore: “The Dirtiest Race in History”. Calvin Smith (bronze) was the only athlete from the 1st 5 who never tested positive to PEDs.

Is it entirely inconceivable that one athlete elevates himself above the pack and achieves greatness? Jesse Owens won four track gold at an Olympics and held one world record for 25 years.

Naivety - Athletes have been doping since the First Olympic Games in BC - I have no interest in who dopes or not - i am more interested in the sport.

It's a bit rich to say someone like Bolt is on the gear, then moan about the treatment of EFC by the wider public.
LOL.

Forged documents, players put up for target testing, full forensic paperwork investigation (invoices, phones, e-mails) - and they still couldn’t get near proving anything banned got in the country. That’s an inquisition. And they found nothing. There’s nothing there.

The thing about performance enhancing drugs, there’s a little clue in the name. They enhance performance.

Russia provisionally suspended by IAAF, 22 - 1 vote.

Watch Russia boycott the Games entirely

Is it going to be a binding ban?

Who was the 1?

Who was the 1?

Don’t know but it wasn’t Russia as they weren’t allowed to participate in the vote.

Would’ve been China

Would've been China
Probably concerned their athletes will now be tested more lol

Not sure Sergei Bubka is Vice-President!

Watch Russia boycott the Games entirely
Watch the 'temporary' ban get lifted a month before the Games.

It amuses me that the IAAF suspends Russia when there is evidence that they colluded with Russia to hide the tests.