(SACK SCOTTY) Round 17 Non Ess Games

Can someone explain how a Syd Norf draw would have been better for us than a Norf loss??

I don’t see how Syd being on 42 points now, and Norf 38 works better than Norf on 36

I tell you what, Port play:
Giants
Dogs
Adelaide
Eagles
Collingwood
Essendon

So they haven’t quite made finals, YET.

1 Like

Both their percentages are far better than ours, therefore a DRAW would have been like both teams losing effectively (as it pertains to us, and Adel for that matter)

Edit…
If the game was drawn, and Sydney were currently on 42pts, and only won a further 2 games (which is possible), 13 wins would be enough to surpass them.
As it stands, 2 more wins to Sydney would mean our 13 wins would not be enough !

This will be a helluva victory if Port find a way to win.

Ryder gone early in the game.
Gray gone just after half time.
Bonner looks like he may struggle to see the game out.

Freo are playing okay.

Aren’t the North wins (or lack of) the ones that help us?

2 Likes

I thought so. If North lose to the Pies next week, and we win, we level them.

If Melbourne beat Geelong, we level with them also (if we win) and if Geelong win, we sit just 1 win away from both Melbourne and Geelong.

Not good for next week when they play GWS. We want them to win against the Giants.

1 Like

Yeah. I would have thought we want the teams currently in the bottom of the 8 to lose, … and keep losing??

Essentially, when you have a poor %, teams that you are chasing in the run home, a draw for them is effectively a loss (from an Ess perspective), of course that draw may assist them against other teams they are competing with for a spot in the 8.

1 Like

Sydney north draw would have brought an extra position in the 8 into play. As it stands now, I think it is just geelong’s spot up for grabs.

1 Like

Is it seriously 5 goals to 6 in the last quarter of this game?

Wings? We fly high!

Bottom ten.

If we finish a full 4 points ahead of Nth Melb, which we likely need to do with the % gap, what would it matter if they received 2 Premiership points from today’s game ?

Then Sydney would have been more attainable also !!!

1 Like

Can’t be right. With Gee on 36, …, how does Norf being on 38 (if a Draw) equal with GWS then help??

Do you mean bottom of the Top 10?? (11)

Cheer cheer the Red & the White…

Draw was clearly a better result for us. It’s pretty simple.
Assuming we end up on 13 wins…

• North need 4 more wins to get to 13 wins and therefore finish ahead of us.

• If they had drawn today they still needed 4 more wins to finish ahead of us.

• Sydney are now on 11 wins. They only need 2 more wins to finish ahead of us.

• If they had drawn they needed 3 more wins to finish ahead of us.

2 Likes

R
T
B

Well…no.
If you’re still hanging on to Essendon playing finals, then you don’t want the bottom eight to lose.
You want the bottom four to win.
14-6 to lose.

Good luck with that.