Sad people tell sad tales - the mediocre thread

I know what you’re watching right now

I was about 20 or 21 the last time I drank VB.
I was coming home from a golf day put on by my work.
I couldn’t and can’t drink beer. It makes me crook. But I wanted this not to be the case, so I drank two in a workmate’s car on the way home.
He had to stop so I could be sick.

I hit some nice shots that day. But only some, because I can’t play golf.
Play golf and drink beer, two things I can’t do well.
The course was lovely though.
Natimuk. They had scrapes, which I guess is sort of mediocre.

Is this the sort of story you’re going for?

1 Like

our midfield

1 Like

This is the mediocre thread. Not the creepy thread.

Ben Howlett says for you to SHUT. UP.

2 Likes

Tom Hardy could have at least attempted an Australian accent

Now that’s mediocre

1 Like

Shhhhhhhh. You’ll ruin the club.

1 Like

Nah, at least you don’t know what it’s supposed to be.

Now, Heath Ledger’s Irish accent in Ned Kelly?

Should be listed as his cause of death.

Want to hear a conspiracy

Every time I drink Carlton draught over here, I legit can’t stand it. I go to Melbourne and it’s COMPLETELY different, for the better. Yeah yeah cue some WA joke but I’m telling you, there is legit a difference

My favourite band as a teenager was Australian Crawl.

It’s 100% the water that is used in the brewing.
Can have the exact same beer brewed at 100 different locations and they would all taste different due to the local water

Do they still have bore water in the Nullarbor?

1 Like

I was going to ask if it was brewed local or if it travelled across the Nullarbor on a rattling train.

Either would not be good & would explain it.

It’s threads like these that perfectly illustrate why this club hasn’t won a final since 2004.

7 Likes

No. It was just bad luck that we haven’t won since.

Were you there when the selection panel went with NLM as ruckman? Were you? Oh, please mr genius, tell us how you would have done it differently with your years of armchair coaching experience!

2 Likes

I reckon if we’d picked one of our sh111y ruckmen at the time rather than NLM it would have made a 100+ point difference and we would have won FARK YOU COACHING STAFFFFFF111FF1111ff

1 Like

As an aside, why exactly did we go with NLM for that game?

I think I’ve wiped that period of time from memory.

Ryder got suspended the week before, so we brought in a young Bellchambers to play, and Hooker was to provide back up.

But we, as a tactic, made a late change on the day of the game to drop Bellchambers to provide the extra run of… Wait for it… Michael Quinn. Leaving Hooker to ruck with NLM as back up.

2 Likes

Ah, yes. Now I remember. Thanks for nothing.

I was at that game. There is still a Hiroshima style silhouette of me burned in to the fourth row at football park.

Quinn actually looked lively early, even had a shot from 30 out, no significant angle to give us some momentum.

Which he duly put out on the full by a good 25 metres.

4 Likes