Sam Grimley

I wonder what it would cost to get both Lowden & Grimley? Would immediately be a bit of a fix for our ruck and spare tall issues (assuming Ryder leaves).

No way Hawthorn would agree to that.

I wonder what it would cost to get both Lowden & Grimley? Would immediately be a bit of a fix for our ruck and spare tall issues (assuming Ryder leaves).

No way Hawthorn would agree to that.
Well, it would be nice if they actually lost a deal for once. Are the contracted or uncontracted?

Lowden first thanks

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/daniel-connors-still-hopeful-of-making-afl-comeback/story-fni5ezdm-1227106358499

“— HAWTHORN forward Sam Grimley — who shared the VFL goalkicking award with Connors — could still be cut despite having a year left on his contract”

BRING HIM IN??

Definitely as a rookie. If we go smalls with 17 & 20, need some more tall depth on the rookie list.

I'd be surprised if Grimley would take a rookie spot if he is currently contracted. Think we need a developing ruck on the rookie list - Doubt that Grimley fits this need. 

If he’s delisted he’d take whatever he can get. That said, other teams might take him in the ND.
If we go smalls with #17 and #20 (quite possible) then we really need a ruck and a tall on the rookie list. He gives us a bit of forward depth, and in a pinch ruck depth.

If he's delisted he'd take whatever he can get. That said, other teams might take him in the ND.
If we go smalls with #17 and #20 (quite possible) then we really need a ruck and a tall on the rookie list. He gives us a bit of forward depth, and in a pinch ruck depth.

Why would a contracted ( primary list ) player ask to be released from his contract to go onto a Rookie list.

Has he asked to be released from his contract though? That article above states he could be "cut", making it sound like the Hawks might be willing to pay his contract out to make space for someone else.

Grimmers.