Science…

not long now

I’m not going to bed till I see high res

You might be waiting a while…

sooo tired

Benfti is going to be cranky after more than a year without sleep.

this will do

.first image sent back after lock a few minutes ago, this one is in full color

that is clearly green in the northern hemisphere, and those are clearly a cloud system around the equatorial line.

holy ■■■■ this is amazing

Bite the bullet, scientists. Give Pluto its planet status back. It’s bigger than Eris!

Bite the bullet, scientists. Give Pluto its planet status back. It's bigger than Eris!

There is a fair chance thats going to happen, now knowing it has 5 moons and an atmosphere, its pretty clear that is a planet, not a dwarf…

Even more exciting is that they are also thinking that Charon might be one too, that this is actually a double planet system

Its not a planet anymore. Get over it.

Here’s what we humans fight over, taken from beyond Pluto.

That’s a pretty weird pictorial representation of whether I still have feelings for my ex.

Wow.

Bite the bullet, scientists. Give Pluto its planet status back. It's bigger than Eris!

There is a fair chance thats going to happen, now knowing it has 5 moons and an atmosphere, its pretty clear that is a planet, not a dwarf…

Even more exciting is that they are also thinking that Charon might be one too, that this is actually a double planet system

Neil deGrasse Tyson ‏@neiltyson 16m16 minutes ago
Dear Pluto,
Lookin’ good. But you’re still a Dwarf Planet — get over it.
Love, Neil deGrasse Tyson

Neil deGrasse Tyson ‏@neiltyson 16m16 minutes ago
Dear Pluto,
Lookin’ good. But you’re still a Dwarf Planet — get over it.
Love, Neil deGrasse Tyson

ooooh that's mean. A physicist has to know it's hard for dwarves to get over things.
1 Like

I’m going to call it a Tyrion planet then, dwarf but awesome

Does this mean that Pluto gets an invite to St Kilda’s Mad Monday this year?

Pictures are awesome.

I will note some of the scientists working on the fly by project have been calling Pluto a planet, so ■■■■ you NdGT.

It is all a little bit silly. Neptune hasn’t cleared its orbit of smaller objects either, really.