Sean Murphy - fitness muggins

1 Like

I did and it is a bastardisation of that other phrase.

1 Like

Matrix Organizational Structure!

Think he may have supported us as a kid:

“I’m genuinely excited. I’ve probably used the word ‘pumped’ with a few people. I’ve loved my time at Hawthorn, but I’m really excited about joining the ranks here and seeing what we can do over the next few years,” Murphy said.

Ok, great. Your point?

Has he ever being near a rodeo?

1 Like

I think what Bacchus is trying to say is.

So I have all these ingredients to make a pudding. I put all the ingredients together and make the pudding.

But I can’t be certain the pudding is any good just because I put the ingredients in. I need to eat the pudding to get the proof it’s a good pudding.

The saying is “the proof of the pudding is in the eating”. Not the ‘proof is in the pudding’.

Pedantic? Yes. But rightly so.

16 Likes

You are spot on Sir. Incredible how often it gets incorrectly said the other way.

Ok, duly noted.

1 Like

This is good. Hawthorn have been very good at keeping their talent on the park.

3 Likes

Seems like hes just completed his apprenticeship and we have promoted him to head of strength and conditioning? Doesn’t exactly inspire confidence given our history in this area.

3 premierships at Hawthorne while in charge of their fitness

Yeah, but what has he achieved?

1 Like

The highly regarded Murphy arrives at the Bombers with over 13 years of experience in elite sport, most recently at Hawthorn as head of strength and conditioning.

Arriving at Hawthorn in 2012, Murphy served a strong apprenticeship under then-director of high performance Andrew Russell, a period which included the Hawks’ 2013, ’14 and ’15 premierships. He was also head of strength and conditioning at Box Hill Hawks - Hawthorn’s VFL affiliate.

Prior to his stint at Hawthorn, Murphy was the high performance manager for Eastern Ranges and the strength, conditioning and rehabilitation coordinator at Cricket Tasmania for state cricket team Tasmanian Tigers. He has also previously worked at the Tasmanian Institute of Sport.

That’s a hell of a long apprenticeship
And I’ve bolded the bit that disproves your point

2 Likes

Hopefully his injury updates are shorter than Crow’s.

1 Like

Oh Crow’s injury updates were short most of the time.

Not because the injury list was small, they just decided not to talk about half the blokes who were injured!!

4 Likes
3 Likes

Good luck to him.

1 Like

Sounds Irish, that’s all the luck he needs. Although being named Murphy isn’t a good omen…

I assume as HoS&C means he has replaced Turk and not Crow.

Who is this David Rundle and what are his credentials? And what is his actual role as the Head of Medical Services? Is Rundle the Crow replacement?

maybe having a Rundle at the club will make Fantasia feel at home

18 Likes