Season 2015 - Fremantle

l hope for their sake Pav stays injury free. If he goes, he takes their forward line chances with them. Ballantyne is a dangerous foil, but apart from those 2, they have nada in the forward half of the ground.

Won’t make the 8

Ross Lyon coached teams have a three year window and this is year 4

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Won't make the 8

To be fair, he did coach the Saints to a drawn grand final in his fourth year.

Which was year 3 of their window.

Quoted Post

Won't make the 8

Lol. Not sure if serious. But if you are, il happily wager with ya

Pav in top shape. Can see them making top 3.

Me too I’ll have a tenner with you nickyd

Wait, Ross Lyon is still a thing?

LOL Ross Lyon.

Been a long time since I felt man love for an opposition player the way I love Fyfe. Right now reminds me of the period Hird bulked up before his navicular issues.

I wonder how Lyon's style is going to go in the brave new world of interchanged capped sub-less benches. I suspect the counter punching style might actually see a bit of a resurgence (for better or worse).

Hard to write off a team this consistent, but equally hard to see them getting it done in September without heroics from Fyfe.

It could just as easily backfire on the AFL, and instead of having more open free flowing games, coaches like lyon could go full retard and just keep the majority of their side in the oppositions back half and clog it up even more.

I’ve always though the latter would happen
Team has no legs left, has a lead and the coach just throws 18 players behind the ball (heck, it’s what I used to do as coach at the end of quarters in games we had no bench lol)

yep, it’s like the afl has gone ok here’s a problem, we’ll solve it be making the players more tired so they can’t run up and down the field as much.

Despite the fact that the style of gameplay that makes the game so ugly, has yielded only 2 premierships, both to sydney so while it has it’s place, the tactic alone has never been a blueprint for success.

I half hope it does get worse, just to ■■■■ with the afl and people wanting to watch it.

They will then introduce a zone system limiting where players can go on the field. They have toyed with the idea before.

Sylvia concussed in WAFL match… Fremantle haven’t even bothered to put him on their injury list… shows just where he sits on their list lol.

Sylvia concussed in WAFL match.. Fremantle haven't even bothered to put him on their injury list.. shows just where he sits on their list lol.

Says a lot about a player when a coach basically comes out and says 2 months before the season that it’s unlikely they’ll play a single game, and not because of injury lol

Sylvia concussed in WAFL match.. Fremantle haven't even bothered to put him on their injury list.. shows just where he sits on their list lol.

Says a lot about a player when a coach basically comes out and says 2 months before the season that it’s unlikely they’ll play a single game, and not because of injury lol

What a waste of talent. Had the skills to be very good…

What a waste of talent. Had the skills to be very good…

How many times have we seen a former high draft pick leave Melbourne and people are all “oh, he’ll be good once he gets away from that mob”…and it never happens. Maybe they don’t have a “culture problem”, maybe they just draft crap players.

Shock, horror.

Fremantle Dockers ‏@Fremantle_FC 3m3 minutes ago

Colin Sylvia to retire: http://freman.tl/1PQptFd

Great loss to the game.

cupidoesque

so much talent, but wasn’t prepared to work hard

Great loss to the game.
One of the absolute stars of the game.

I miss his scent

We should still pick up him and brett Maloney

Great loss to the game.
One of the absolute stars of the game.