Season 2015 - Fremantle

True.
I forgot about Apeness. He was relatively well rated as a tall. I haven’t seen or heard much of him. Taberner has shown more (even though it was NAB Cup).
Mundy has just hit 30 (although he doesn’t look it) so he’s not too far away from retirement. You’d expect Johnson, Pavlich and Sandilands to retire by the end of 2017 if not 2016.
The rest of their list is in the right age bracket to be performing at their best.

Kind of funny how Ross Lyon had an awesome team but unfortunately had it during the Geelong era and now he has another awesome team but it’s during the Hawthorn era.

True. I forgot about Apeness. He was relatively well rated as a tall. I haven't seen or heard much of him. Taberner has shown more (even though it was NAB Cup). Mundy has just hit 30 (although he doesn't look it) so he's not too far away from retirement. You'd expect Johnson, Pavlich and Sandilands to retire by the end of 2017 if not 2016. The rest of their list is in the right age bracket to be performing at their best.

Kind of funny how Ross Lyon had an awesome team but unfortunately had it during the Geelong era and now he has another awesome team but it’s during the Hawthorn era.

The thing is, I don’t think he has had an awesome team/list at either club (seriously, look at some of the (no) names in his St Kilda grand final sides!)

He’s the ultimate “always competitive, never get blown out of the water” coach
Unfortunately for him at this stage history is going to tell us it doesn’t win premierships

True. I forgot about Apeness. He was relatively well rated as a tall. I haven't seen or heard much of him. Taberner has shown more (even though it was NAB Cup). Mundy has just hit 30 (although he doesn't look it) so he's not too far away from retirement. You'd expect Johnson, Pavlich and Sandilands to retire by the end of 2017 if not 2016. The rest of their list is in the right age bracket to be performing at their best.

The thing is, I don’t think he has had an awesome team/list at either club (seriously, look at some of the (no) names in his St Kilda grand final sides!)

He’s the ultimate “always competitive, never get blown out of the water” coach
Unfortunately for him at this stage history is going to tell us it doesn’t win premierships

I agree with you.
At the Saints, I think he had genuine talent to begin with, but Ross prefers hard working defensive minded players because the difference between heir best and worse is a lot less. That’s how guys like McQualter, Clint Jones, Zac Dawson, etc. got games consistently.
He just gets the most out of the list.
He’s followed the same pattern at Freo.

Even though Ross Lyon has had both his teams finish top of the ladder and gotten both of his teams to top 4 finishes more often than not, maybe awesome wasn’t the best description. Somewhere between far better than average and awesome would suffice.

Barlow looks done.

I agree, its truly baffling. But I guess Sydney won a flag in 2012 with Sam Reid as their only real big key forward, so a LOT rests on Taberner and whether or not he can come on.

Who?

Sam REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEID
I agree, its truly baffling. But I guess Sydney won a flag in 2012 with Sam Reid as their only real big key forward, so a LOT rests on Taberner and whether or not he can come on.

Who?

Sam REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEID
Oh.

I think they’re cooked. In their window they’ve been good but not quite good enough and their list is now old with most of their better players on the verge of retirement. They don’t have any good young talls coming through so they’re in the poo.

Is Pav playing on?

Interesting

Interesting

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-30/dockers-fan-cody-yarran-sentenced-for-crowd-assault/6986564

Cody Luke Yarran, from Joondanna in Perth, hit the 38-year-old woman in the throat at Subiaco Oval after she asked him to tone down his language.

In the lead up to the incident Yarran was yelling abuse in front of a number of children.

The assault was recorded on a mobile phone and footage was posted on social media

‘Hit in the throat’?
‘Yelling abuse in front of children’?
‘Recorded on mobile phone’??

fark, I know this reminds me of something, but what???

Fyfe copped a back injury at training today, doesn’t sound good

Ruptured disc?

That’s a life-changer for a regular person, something that they’ll have to manage for the rest of their life. Dunno what the prognosis is for someone with the medical resources available to them that an afl footballer would, but it could actually end his career. Poor bugger.

The reports are saying he will be out of action for two months and should be okay for the start of the H&A season… I think that is a tad optimistic. I wish him a solid recovery.

Saying no surgery.
Hmm.

c

Ruptured disc?

That’s a life-changer for a regular person, something that they’ll have to manage for the rest of their life. Dunno what the prognosis is for someone with the medical resources available to them that an afl footballer would, but it could actually end his career. Poor bugger.

Gumbleton, Winderlich. Recovered to varying degrees from prolapsed disk in 2008-2009. Winders 2015 was ruined by a prolapsed disk.

Mundy is now captain:

Mundy is now captain:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-15/david-mundy-fremantle-dockers-captain/7092294

Shielding Fyfe from added pressure. Not a bad move by Lyon and co here.

I’m not sure they can win it. They remind me very much of the Saints when they had the older top end talent

i reckon theyre a chance this season… if hawks decrease even just slightly i think theyll really be in there with their best chance yet

Mundy is now captain:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-15/david-mundy-fremantle-dockers-captain/7092294

Shielding Fyfe from added pressure. Not a bad move by Lyon and co here.

That or Fyfe’s back is cooked and he might not get around again