HB Houli Chaplin Morris
C Conca Cotchin Miles
HF Gordon Griffiths Deledio
F Edwards Reiwoldt Martin
R Maric Ellis Grigg
Int Batchelor Vlaustin Foley
Sub petterd

Players missing from final - Hampson, Vickery, Lloyd, knights

I would change the lineup a little bit but Richmond had close to their best 22 out there bar hampson or vickey. But they hadnt been world beaters and Griffiths went ok at the end of the year. I thought lloyd showed a bit but was a mature ager.
And Chris Knights - perennially injured. Could add some depth if he gets back on the park.

Adding miles gave them the strength around the contest they needed when martin was being tagged, or in the second half when martin goes missing :).

As said above they dont have a top 8 defence or forwardline.
But they do have some very good midfielders - Cotchin, Martin, Deledio. and midfield unit is competitive.

You can see what happens when they are missing 1-3 of their better players they struggle (early season).
for them to make finals the kids+ C/B graders need to improve and push out Foley, Newman etc.
They just really need a lot of improvement in the list from positions 10-30

Prediction 9th :slight_smile: 9-14.
If tigers miss finals will hardwick get the sack and will they trade Deldio/reiwoldt/vickery and try to rebuild?

Sh*t team.

Sh*t club.

Quoted Post

Sh*t team.

Sh*t club.

Is that your contribution?..I agree.

Are they really relying on Griffiths??
This is his 6th year, 2014 was a “breakout” year apparently, he managed to snag 12 goals from 16 games. That’s 1 less than Ambrose. Ambrose was just borderline in our best team by the end of the year. Obviously questions on him as a key post in a finals run.
I don’t rate Vickery either, but he is at least a reasonably smart player, finds a bit of free space.

Don’t know any other team (maybe Collingwood) that relies so much on their top 4 or 5. For years they’ve been threatening. Still pretty much do a question of do a good job slowing any two of Rance/Cotchin/Reiwoldt/Deledio (and one new face in Ellis), win the game.
If Hardwick can successfully manage to get more out of any couple of Vlastuin, Miles, Edwardds, Conca, or any forward, they will be a much much better team. I suspect the only way to do that is to take the 4-5 stars out of their normal role and put some of those others to the coal face, and pray they flourish.

finalsiren.com/PlayerStats.asp?PlayerID=2026

Garbage list.

Their sook is their only decent KPF. Hampson, Vickery and Griffiths have been spudding it up for years now.

Quite a different story on the other side of the field with Rance, Grimes, Astbury and Chaplin (who isn’t as bad as people make him out to be).However, consecutive injuries to Grimes and Astbury leaves their defense a little weak.

Mids are garbage except for the 3 they have in Martin, Deledio and Cotchin. Grigg, Foley and Conca always been over-rated.

Won’t be making the 8 IMO. Prediction: 12th

Have pretty much no depth. If they cop any injuries to their big names they are bottom 4.

Hardwick to be given the sack after they miss finals

13th

Hard to believe they haven’t targeted a foil for Riewoldt.
I mean a genuine forward, not a ruck-forward. Even Crameri would have been good value for them, but he should have been the absolute minimum they should have been looking for over the last three years.

I actually think they’ll make the seventh or eighth. It’s just so difficult to see teams below them stepping up.
Gold Coast, but I’m still not sold on them. Ablett will make a difference of course, but I still feel like they’re less than the sum of their parts.
There’s still no team feel to them.
Collingwood? West Coast? Adelaide?
I’m not sure anyone’s really well situated to displace them.

Quoted Post

Garbage list.

Their sook is their only decent KPF. Hampson, Vickery and Griffiths have been spudding it up for years now.

Quite a different story on the other side of the field with Rance, Grimes, Astbury and Chaplin (who isn’t as bad as people make him out to be).However, consecutive injuries to Grimes and Astbury leaves their defense a little weak.

Mids are garbage except for the 3 they have in Martin, Deledio and Cotchin. Grigg, Foley and Conca always been over-rated.

Brandon Ellis is a gun.

A reply to: @G-Unit regarding QuoteLink

Quoted Post
Garbage list.

Brandon Ellis is a gun.

Completely forgot about him so I stand corrected.

A reply to: @wimmera1 regarding QuoteLink

Hard to believe they haven't targeted a foil for Riewoldt. I mean a genuine forward, not a ruck-forward. Even Crameri would have been good value for them, but he should have been the absolute minimum they should have been looking for over the last three years.

I actually think they’ll make the seventh or eighth. It’s just so difficult to see teams below them stepping up.
Gold Coast, but I’m still not sold on them. Ablett will make a difference of course, but I still feel like they’re less than the sum of their parts.
There’s still no team feel to them.
Collingwood? West Coast? Adelaide?
I’m not sure anyone’s really well situated to displace them.

Yep.

That’s all pretty much what I would have said, (just with much poorer articulation.)

Quoted Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBD49n36F9k
Awesome

Quoted Post

Hard to believe they haven't targeted a foil for Riewoldt. I mean a genuine forward, not a ruck-forward. Even Crameri would have been good value for them, but he should have been the absolute minimum they should have been looking for over the last three years. .

They’ve drafted a few genuine tall forwards over the last few years. Not always with early picks, but they’ve taken them. Reese McKenzie, Liam McBean, etc.

I have missed it but seems a strong rumour that Rance will be heading to Freo at the end of this year.

That will hurt (hard to believe… imagine convincing my 2011 self that I would ever think Rance leaving would be a bad thing)

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Hard to believe they haven't targeted a foil for Riewoldt. I mean a genuine forward, not a ruck-forward. Even Crameri would have been good value for them, but he should have been the absolute minimum they should have been looking for over the last three years. .

They’ve drafted a few genuine tall forwards over the last few years. Not always with early picks, but they’ve taken them. Reese McKenzie, Liam McBean, etc.

McBean is 2.02m.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

McBean is 2.02m.

So is Joe. Both are forwards regardless.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

McBean is 2.02m.

So is Joe. Both are forwards regardless.

Hmmm. Not disputing either are forwards.
Come to that, Bellchambers is a forward.
Time will tell, I suppose.

Quoted Post

I have missed it but seems a strong rumour that Rance will be heading to Freo at the end of this year.

That will hurt (hard to believe… imagine convincing my 2011 self that I would ever think Rance leaving would be a bad thing)

They were in for Frawley, and didn’t end up getting anyone really, so (assuming Pav & Sandi’s contracts will be on the decline) presumably they have the space for him - both cap and the position.