Season 2016 - Fremantle

Lose next week and start planning for 2017

Lose next week and start planning for 2017

Zac Dawson to replace Rance?

Edit: oops…responding to the Lyon to Richmond comment.

whats with clubs giving contract extensions mid tenure lately. its like they knew they were gonna be crap this year so they doubled down on their payout

Lyon is about 5 classes above Hardwick and Bucks. He actually knows how to coach. Can he rebuild? Probably, but you get the feeling the club will have to make it very clear that’s what they expect and take the steps necessary. 2017 is done.

Stick a fork in freo. They are done

Who will they take as No 1 draft pick at the end of the year?

Stick a fork in freo. They are done

Who will they take as No 1 draft pick at the end of the year?

They’ll trade it to Hawthorn for Trent Croad.

Yep, wonder if Lyon is looking for an exit strategy? Maybe lining up the Tigers job.
He just signed a 5 year extension. Like, just then.

They’re farked.

Pavlick is old and buggered, Sandiballs is old and broken again, Cokehead Michael Johnson is old and buggered, Ballantyne is still rubbish, Zac Dawson is rubbish, and all they have going for them is Nat Fyfe’s man bun.

Won’t make the 8.

They're farked.

Pavlick is old and buggered, Sandiballs is old and broken again, Cokehead Michael Johnson is old and buggered, Ballantyne is still rubbish, Zac Dawson is rubbish, and all they have going for them is Nat Fyfe’s man bun.

Won’t make the 8.

Of their top dozen, about half are over 30 (and unlike Hawks are showing their age)
Then outside the top dozen the rest of the list isn’t (and hasn’t been) much chop

They brought Lyon in to win a GF with this list, he almost did it but it failed. Now they have to rebuild and outside of their best, the list is soft and rubbish.

They’ll be right once J Hogan and C McCarthy line up for them in 2017. TWIN TOWERS!

LOL Ross Lyon

Just to get off track a tad, but the cynic in me thinks it’s a disgrace what’s going on with Cam McCarthy, signs a 2 year extension, freo offer crazy $$ then his form drops off and goes back to WA with ‘personal issues’.

P.s I second the lol Ross Lyon, couldn’t rebuild a set of duplo. Their screwed

LOL Ross Lyon

I fkg concur with this post.

No body knows if Lyon can rebuild it not.

He has never had to.

The guy can get a team playing as a unit though, I’ll give him that.

Unless he turns out to be some stubborn Malthouse-esque c*nt who thinks he can win a flag with bottom 4 talent, I can see Lyon’s rebuild being absolutely brutal in a similar vein to Clarkson in the early/mid-2000s at the Dawks

Wouldn’t be sleeping all week, how to counter Weitering will be keeping him up night after night

Wouldn't be sleeping all week, how to counter Weitering will be keeping him up night after night

You don’t “counter” Weitering…you can’t, he is a god.

Just as an aside, you place out-flankers to the sides as he always kicks side-ways and often misses his target which gives you a chance to pressure the player he kicked to.

Mark Harvey did the last rebuild at this ■■■■ club didn’t he? Moved on the Carr wankers and had the likes of Peter Bell, Haselby and co still there