Season 2016 - North Melbourne

As much as I dislike NM, it’s the right decision. Personally, I think they were living in dreamland thinking that they were a genuine flag chance for so long. Yes, they made two prelims, but they finished 6th & 8th in the regular season in those years. We had them on toast in 2014 & let it slip, the next week they played a hobbled feeling team missing the majority of its best 10 yet scraped in by a kick. The swans smashed them the next week. They should’ve known then that they weren’t a legitimate shot but instead continued to top up with Waite, Higgins etc, and while they’ll argue they didn’t give up draft picks, the cost is yet to be determined IMO. They still have over 30’s in Thompson and Waite to make a call on in coming years & I’m not sure they’ve been developing their youngsters they way they should’ve. They’re due a big slide next season, a delay of the inevitable IMO.

P.S. I know at least one of those players wants to play on and is dirty with the way it was handled.

Lol.

Surely Brad Scott’s doing

Firrito is a flog imo

EAD Dal Santo

EAD Petire you diving flog

SUCK ON MY ■■■ Harvey you little ■■■■

Hope they get smashed and knocked out straight away.

FATALITY

As much as I dislike NM, it's the right decision. Personally, I think they were living in dreamland thinking that they were a genuine flag chance for so long. Yes, they made two prelims, but they finished 6th & 8th in the regular season in those years. We had them on toast in 2014 & let it slip, the next week they played a hobbled feeling team missing the majority of its best 10 yet scraped in by a kick. The swans smashed them the next week. They should've known then that they weren't a legitimate shot but instead continued to top up with Waite, Higgins etc, and while they'll argue they didn't give up draft picks, the cost is yet to be determined IMO. They still have over 30's in Thompson and Waite to make a call on in coming years & I'm not sure they've been developing their youngsters they way they should've. They're due a big slide next season, a delay of the inevitable IMO.

P.S. I know at least one of those players wants to play on and is dirty with the way it was handled.

Why announce it now though?why not wait 2 weeks?

And surely you would tell someone like Boomer or Petrie that we won’t renewing your contract so you can either announce your retirement or announce that you wish to play on at another team.

Why would they do this when they still have finals to play?

Oh that’s righ, it’s Norf!

Probably because they want to give their “champions” one last home send-off before they are murdered in an away final.

It’s the right decision but I’m a little surprised about Harvey. And especially to announce it for him like that.

Pick 1 in the pre season draft…Brent Harvey.

The best thing that club can do is retire Boomer, you can't have a guy play as outside and selfish as he does and expect everybody else to pick up the load.

I disagree, I don’t like north and I sure as sugar don’t like Harvey, but he impacts every game. Can’t believe they’re doing it actually.

This is why people say there is no loyalty in Football anymore

MASS EXODUS

Its fine to do this after their season is over, and wouldnt be a shock, but on the eve of finals? Idiots

Probably making salary cap room for David Swallows inflated contract at Roos.

As much as I dislike NM, it's the right decision. Personally, I think they were living in dreamland thinking that they were a genuine flag chance for so long. Yes, they made two prelims, but they finished 6th & 8th in the regular season in those years. We had them on toast in 2014 & let it slip, the next week they played a hobbled feeling team missing the majority of its best 10 yet scraped in by a kick. The swans smashed them the next week. They should've known then that they weren't a legitimate shot but instead continued to top up with Waite, Higgins etc, and while they'll argue they didn't give up draft picks, the cost is yet to be determined IMO. They still have over 30's in Thompson and Waite to make a call on in coming years & I'm not sure they've been developing their youngsters they way they should've. They're due a big slide next season, a delay of the inevitable IMO.

Why announce it now though?why not wait 2 weeks?

And surely you would tell someone like Boomer or Petrie that we won’t renewing your contract so you can either announce your retirement or announce that you wish to play on at another team.

The club must be managed by Paul Conors if they’re announcing this on the eve of the finals.

fold

fold

A guy came racing downstairs just before and was like “Dave, did you hear about NM!!??” and I’m just thinking oh please oh please say they’ve folded or merging.

Unfortunately it was something positive. They’ve gone about it in a rather dickish manner but it’s a positive step for the future.

fold and die north

ha norf

Shinboner spirit got kneecapped. Disgraceful way to treat players just before the finals. Must have given up hope of finals win.

Tow the club out to sea for a dive wreck.

“Lindsay Thomas Reef” no doubt

Firrito is a flog imo

EAD Dal Santo

EAD Petire you diving flog

SUCK ON MY ■■■ Harvey you little ■■■■

Hope they get smashed and knocked out straight away.

Hahahahahahaha

■■■, that’s funny.
Classic Robbo.

Correct decision, strange way to announce it.

Gives their membership base, all 23 of them, a chance to farewell them at a game in Melbourne.