Season 2016 - St Kilda

That Jade Gresham goal was amazing. he will be a good little player IMO.

Hope Fantasia gets nominated before the season is done though.

Fanta already has one doesn’t he?

Not this season

Let’s not be greedy then.

St.Kilda are only good for a few upset wins each year and beating Melbourne. Otherwise generally useless and getting pumped interstate every year.

St.Kilda are only good for a few upset wins each year and beating Melbourne. Otherwise generally useless and getting pumped interstate every year.

Not to mention the **** and giggles in the off season, they excel at that.

c’mon you bastards… more effort!!!

Reiwoldt’s lucky that one of the Scott brothers isn’t coach. Today would have been his last game

So… the AFL say that Carlisle should be banned for snorting a white substance.
Saints suspend him.
Now they say he served it whilst serving his anti-doping suspension.

I’m not sure that’s how it should work…

JAKE Carlisle won’t have to serve an additional two-game ban, which was handed to him days after he joined St Kilda.

The ban for ‘conduct prejudicial to the code’ came after he accepted a strike under the AFL’s illicit drugs code.

Hours after being traded to St Kilda, Carlisle became embroiled in a fresh scandal after a social media video emerged which showed him snorting a white substance.

The suspension for two premiership season matches came at the insistence of the AFL.

However, as he returned to St Kilda’s Seaford training base for the first time on Wednesday, the club announced his ban had been ‘served concurrently’.

“Carlisle’s St Kilda-imposed two-game sanction has been served concurrently as part of his anti-doping suspension, allowing him to be eligible for selection for 2017 pre-season games,” the club said.

It means Carlisle will be able to make his St Kilda debut in round one next season.

“I’m in the best shape possible, I haven’t started running yet after hip (surgery),” Carlisle told reporters on Wednesday.

"I should start running in the next month or so, so looking forward to it, can’t wait to get back.

“I’m a happy man, just got to move forward from here.”

As much as I hate St Kilda atm I don’t have a problem with this. He’s been through enough serving a bullshit year out of the game he loves.

"I should start running in the next month or so, so looking forward to it, can’t wait to get back.

“I’m a happy man, just got to move forward from here.”

Still doesn’t know if he is forward or back

Bucketz Carlol.

Meh… Good luck to the kid, he’s done his time.

Got us Francis and Parish and also left some good highlights when he played for us. All they best Jake, just stay off the white stuff.

Bucketz Carlol.

Yep. I can’t be mad. Ryder however…

Best of luck to him I say. He’s copped enough

"Carlisle’s St Kilda-imposed two-game sanction has been served concurrently as part of his anti-doping suspension, allowing him to be eligible for selection for 2017 pre-season games," the club said.
So the AFL says the WADA ban operates separately from any penalties the AFL and their Tribunal might apply?

Luckily for them, Jobe acted alone, so they can still strip him of the Brownlow.

Bucketz Carlol.

Yep. I can’t be mad. Ryder however…

Oh yeah, fark Ryder.

Yeah nah fair enough - I agree with the sentiment re Carlisle.

My issue lies with the AFL changing horses mid-stream, so to speak.

November 2015:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/jake-carlisle-suspended-for-start-of-afl-season-for-white-powder-snapchat-calamity/news-story/41cea22b0b528ab9d1c76f4e191052f1

The club has confirmed Carlisle has:

Accepted a two-game AFL imposed home-and-away ban to start the season (with a four game suspended sentence for any further conduct unbecoming).

September 2016:

“Carlisle’s St Kilda-imposed two-game sanction has been served concurrently as part of his anti-doping suspension, allowing him to be eligible for selection for 2017 pre-season games,” the club said.

Which is it?

AFL imposed start of the season ban?
Club imposed any time we want ban?

To be fair, the AFL run St Kilda, like they do all the povo clubs. Normally they do it more subtly than they did by dropping Matt “definitely wasn’t told the AFL had predetermined the penalty against us” Finnis in, though.

As much as I hate St Kilda atm I don't have a problem with this. He's been through enough serving a bullshit year out of the game he loves seems to barely tolerate.

Agree with the sentiment, but amended for accuracy.

As much as I hate St Kilda atm I don't have a problem with this. He's been through enough serving a bullshit year out of the game he loves seems to barely tolerate.

Agree with the sentiment, but amended for accuracy.

Hahaha fair call!

People rubbish Jake and he has given them plenty of ammunition in the last 12 months but he isn’t a bad guy. He’s approachable, always has time for a chat and is a bit of a smart ■■■■ but in a good banter sort of way.

Plus, he cooperated fairly well with us over last trade period. Didn’t do the, I fear for my future babies crap (or similar) through the press and was at least flexible enough to consider various options (i.e. Hawthorn) which allowed us to get adequate compensation.

To be fair, the AFL run St Kilda, like they do all the povo clubs. Normally they do it more subtly than they did by dropping Matt “definitely wasn’t told the AFL had predetermined the penalty against us” Finnis in, though.

Oh, you mean Matt “I’m the head of the Aflpa and I know you’ve all taken PEDs” Finnis?

I know at Essendon we are used to punishment on top of punishment on top of punishment, but he was suspended for rounds 1 & 2 of the 2016 season. I don’t see it as an issue. Plenty of other reasons to be annoyed at the AFL.