Season 2017 - Collingwood

How would it free up cap space by trading away a future second pick? I reckon something dodgy happened, interesting to see the next deal Sydney and Collingwood do.

i have no idea. im just spitballing really. it just seems like a very strange trade

They need to find a way to get rid of Mayne without it impacting the salary cap too much. They would have had to pay overs to get Treloar and Adams, I believe even Wells was on pretty good money. I dont think they would be able to offer as much as some other clubs. I think Lynch will end up staying at GC. If it is about money no one will have the space they have.

Tippett should fit their trade profile next year.

They’re due a mature age spud

Gavin Brown’s other son maybe?

Everyone draws comparison between Richmond’s rise from 13th to premiers off that back of an extensive club-wide review, keeping a coach who was under scrutiny, etc, etc. But really what have the Pies done to improve their list? Nothing. They’ve basically been AWOL. At last Richmond made some trades at the end of 2016 that made you think they’d improved themselves. Nank, Caddy and Prestia in, and they got rid of a cooked Deledio. Isn’t the definition of insanity to do the same thing and expect different results? Four straight seasons without finals, I reckon they’re short odds to extend that to a 5th…

Tippa was a rookie so cost us zero . Jenkins is a big guy and was in demand. Even though Adelaide didn’t give up as much.

Jenkins was a Pick swap, Jenkins + 40 for Pick 30.

I’d call that pretty cheap.

To be fair, what they’ve done the past four years is trade in a bunch of guys - half their list are guys traded in.

Collingwood have 2 father and sons ,next year. One is the young Nicholas Daicos , who is apparently better than older brother josh and Jake kelly ,son of Craig . Collingwood is slowly building back their 1990 premiership team using father and son s !!!

They’ve also got a father son killing it in our forward line.

14 Likes

Gavin Brown has another son coming through, I believe.

The same Jake Kelly that has been at the Crows for the last 4 years?

Yep. That`s the same one .

Crows won’t be happy.

They picking up James Stewart too?

They will have to trade for him and I can’t see the Crows handing him over cheap. Not sure he wants to go there anyway as he just re-signed I think

Maybe he means the third son of Kelly. Who is supposed to be better than his two older brothers.

Maybe, but that’s no fun.

Doesnt sound like it. It reads like Josh is the name of Daicos’s son

1 Like

Craig has another son named Will.
He’s in next year’s draft.