Season 2017 - Gold Coast

Or…we trade our next years first for (insert said gun midfielders name here), they fold next year meaning we get our first rounder back :grimacing:. There wouldn’t be enough jackets in the world.

In both scenarios the AFL would “merge” Gold Coast with Geelong. That way Geelong gets the pick, gets to choose the top eight players from Gold Coast before anyone else (and write off Gary’s contract), and gets a $6m bonus.

Hearing rumours of stewy dew to be announced as new coach tomorrow

same. Surprised Barker missed out again. will be a good thing though. GC Suns head coaching job is a death sentence with their culture, recruiting and retention issues.

1 Like

http://www.news.com.au/sport/stuart-dew-signs-on-as-gold-coast-suns-head-coach-for-2018/news-story/45e447382d10d0ad66d8e626bdbd051d

This story seems to back that up. Highly regarded, big task to turn around a serially underperforming franchise.

Will be interesting to see how he goes. Tough gig up there. I was one firmly in the camp of getting him when we hired worsfold

Wow. Personally thought Barker was ahead…

He is a graduate of the AFL’s level four coaching course. All you need to know.

Well, … TBF, he’s much more than that, but I’m surprised they’ve gone with an untested coach with no runs on the board.

Looks like they couldn’t get Roosy, Clarko or someone else with cache and respect to sign up no matter the amount of cash they offered.

Best of luck Stewie.

You’re right BSD, I’m just being cynical about the whole AFL accreditation process. Stewie could well turn out to be an excellent coach.

1 Like

Moving closer to his adopted family, @riolio

Poison chalice

I like that he’s fat.

3 Likes

Sword of Damocles

Mythical Braided Axe of Thunder

Haughty Claymore of Blindness

You misheard “has a massive head” with “is massively ahead”.

I’m more than happy for financial consideration to be a part of trading in the future if it can get through with the GAJ trade.

GAJ to Cats for pick 169 and 800k.

Awesome! As long as its outside the cap I’m all for it.

Now wealthy dons, Stringer For pick 41 and 800k, Smith for pick 645 and 300k etc.

We are a wealthy club, we can afford it.

And exactly the reason we have a commission. Clubs were going broke forking out fortunes for players.

Delisted McKenzie and Shaw. Leaves Nicholls as the only one of their 12 17yo concession players still on the list.