Season 2017 - Gold Coast

Nope.
And after again speaking to my friend last night he believes the figures for Gaz that he first quoted are not quite right and on further digging he believes it was a $3.6m deal over 3 years with Gaz asking for a fair bit of it upfront to purchase his home. Roughly worked out at $1.8m year 1, $1.2m this year and $600k for 2018. Will be interesting to see who folds first, Cochrane or the Cats

2 Likes

How will All Australian Good Bloke Patrick Dangerfield (loves a surf) play side by side with Proven Self-Centred Jerk Gary Ablett?

2 Likes

Dangerfield surfs it, Gaz walks on it

6 Likes

“Look mum - no board!”

“hey dad stop talking to that girl and watch we in the water”

1 Like

Ablett officially requested trade.

I hope GC play hardball. Word is they cannot find a player that GC are happy with to swap as they dont want picks and the whole ‘cant trade a player against their will’ is making it difficult.

Fair enough too. Would want more than the likes of Lang and I doubt Motlop would be happy to go.

1 Like

Just fkn fold them already. Every year they stay in existence is another year delaying the inevitable

12 Likes

This is spot on. It is inevitable. It’s a certainty to happen at some point in the next 10 years. The sooner the better.

1 Like

Ahh more wallpaper for Geelong

hold on another year, geelong trade a pick for ablett, then the club folds. perfect.

unrelated question. sort of.

If Gold Coast did fold this year but traded away their First round pick next year what would happen?

we’re not better than the NRL if we do that. No thanks.

No point flogging a dead Horse.

Rather us put lots of Energy into Brisbane AFL Team.

One Melbourne NRL Team works well.

Which hypothetical team are you hypothetically talking about?

'Cause it matters.

I thought they folded years ago!

They could just relocate the club to tassie like everyone has been telling them to instead of begging Norf to go there

say they trade it to geelong. and they need it to use to ensure they take their mandated 1st round pick once every decade (or whatever bullshit the AFL makes up for them).

Sunnies