Top 5 Best and Fairest

1. Toby Greene
  2. Tom Scully
  3. Stephen Coniglio
  4. Josh Kelly
  5. Heath Shaw

2016 Rising Star Noms

Jacob Hopper (Rnd 8)

Ins – Brett Deledio, Tim Taranto, Will Setterfield, Harry Perryman, Isaac ■■■■■■■, Lachlan Tiziani, Matt de Boer, Tendai Mzungu,

Outs – Cam McCarthy, Jack Steele, Paul Ahern, Pat McKenna, James Stewart, Will Hoskin-Elliott, Caleb Marchbank, Jarrod Pickett, Rhys Palmer

My Prediction

They are a juggernaut. The expectations this year will be the only real test for GWS. They have talent on every line and more coming in behind it.

If they have a minor concern it would be their backline, they want Davis to stay on the park. He is super important back there. They have KP depth Corr, Tomlinson and Mohr but Davis is the key. They have plenty of running backs, I think Deledio has probably been brought in to bolster that even further. With him, WIlliams and Shaw back there, they have quality delivery and attacking options.

The midfield is crazy, they have the deepest quality midfield in the competition and it isnt even finished developing yet. They are well rounded with strong inside mids and quality users with leg speed on the outside. We still will see improvement from the likes of Kelly, Coniglio and Sheil during the season. Scully and Greene are coming off career best years and themselves probably have improvement left.

The rucks are only a concern if Mumford suffers any sort of long term injury. Lobb is capable as is Simpson but none will give the same sort of supply and presence that Mumford does,

The forward line is second best in show to only Adelaide and by the end of this season will probably be the best forward line in the competition. KP depth is crazy with Cameron, Patton and Lobb. All three have their best football in front of them. They have Stevie J running around almost carefree along with Greene and Smith. They get great supply from the middle and will be incredibly hard to stop.

GWS will win everything this year. They will finish on top of the ladder and they will take out the Grand Final. They are a more experienced team than last year and have brought in more talent than they lost. The list is insanely talented, and deep.

Their biggest challenge in 2017 is getting people in Sydney to give a toss

Flag.

In the words of the incomparable Dwayne Russell: “Scary good”.

We’ll see.

I predict them to win the Flag, but finish H&A second behind the Swans.

Best 22 will be formidable

B: Wilson Davis Williams
HB: Shaw Tomlinson Griffen
C: Coniglio Ward Scully
HF: Greene Patton Deledio
F: Johnson Cameron Lobb
R: Mumford Shiel Kelly
Int: Whitfield Hopper Kennedy Smith
Emg: Kennedy, Haynes, Mzungu

Tarranto, Setterfield, Perryman will be lucky to get a look in this year. if Tarranto was at Carlton would play every game and probably elevated to the Leadership Group :slight_smile:

Plus they will have good young players just outside best 22 starved of opportunities who they will look to move on at the end of the year to make way for academy kids. - Buntine, Himmelberg, Corr
could even trade Setterfield to Dons for our first rounder :slight_smile:

Strengths - Midfield is Deep and Forwardline has classy talls and smalls, better than Crows now IMO>
Weakness - Ruck and Key defenders if Davis/Mumford go down.

Flag.

Hard to win the flag from 18th

Top 4 - Then see what happens.

On paper that side is almost GOAT good

On paper that side is almost GOAT good

Um, greatest GWS team of all time, certainly.

Flag

Flag

I honestly expect them to have the greatest season since essendon in 2000. I would be very suprsed if they lost more than 1 game

Depth is scary
Talent is scary
They are legit scary

Mass injuries is the only thing that will stop them

Top 4 is looking very likely. They have enough depth to cover even a couple of serious injuries.

Finals are a different proposition. You need everything to fall into place for a GF to go right and then you also need a bit of luck. The footy gods are not smiling on them just yet, but they are looking at them closely.

I was going to comment on how many brought in players are over 30, lucky I checked.

Only Shaw, Mumford and Johnson whisky all important it certainly is not a big concern in the coming years. Deledio will only be 30 in April.

Scary list.

Flag favourites for me.

I was going to comment on how many brought in players are over 30, lucky I checked.

Only Shaw, Mumford and Johnson whisky all important it certainly is not a big concern in the coming years. Deledio will only be 30 in April.

Scary list.

Flag favourites for me.

Surely Ryan Griffen is 30 or damn close.

look at the quality of traded in blokes GWS vs Gold Coast
GWS - Brogan, Chad Cornes, Power, McDonald, Patful, Palmer, Ward, Scully, O’Hailpin, Mumford, Griffen, Shaw, Johnson, Deledio
GoldCoast Ablett, Rischetelli, Harbrow, Brennan Bock, Brown, Fraser, Krakoer, Broughton, Malceski, Rosa, Hallahan, Currie, Grant, Lyons

Im sure ive missed a few

Scary list.

Flag favourites for me.

Yep 30. Turns 31 in July

Scary list.

Flag favourites for me.

Yep 30. Turns 31 in July

Yep missed him.

Plays younger.

Plays younger.

It’s the hair.