Season 2017 - Hawthorn

Agree.
I’m on more than $60 for a days work, so it isn’t worth it.
Even running a red light isn’t worth it. Have to take half a day off to go see a camera shot of my car running a red light before realising it’s a ■■■■ quality photo then the day in court. Just not worth it unless it led to losing my license.

Out of interest…
Were there any court costs involved? I’m assuming if you win, then you don’t pay court costs.

10-8 round to Clarkson.

Clarko is 100% right in this situation. Robbo is fkn scum.

1 Like

I had the pre-hearing chat with the council’s lawyer, who told me that it was an ‘open and shut case’ and that I would more than likely have court costs added to my bill. I told him to fark himself. I was there most of the day, while losing hundreds of dollars in money not earned/paid to someone else. I defended myself, and it was thrown out of court. It was all i could do not to turn around and yell FARK YOU to the carnt.

6 Likes

Yep and loved Clarko teeing off on Carey aswell.
Love seeing coaches go to town on the media

Obviously the edict has come down from AwFL House that Clarko is no longer off limits to the media. Caro has written a diatribe on him this morning.

1 Like

What were your grounds?

Maybe they want him to move somewhere

Clearly they want him out of the Mayblooms so they can make him an offer he can’t refuse to take over Gold Coast.

In brief:

Mrs Deck & I parked in a 4hr bay, Sturt St - went to see a show.
Was a particularly wild windy rainy day.
Bought ticket, placed on dash.
Ticket must have blown off and into the car with the wind - I had grabbed an umbrella, and went over to assist Mrs Deck out of car in rain.
Came back to find booking ticket ($60)

Their argument -
Regardless of circumstances, law says ‘ticket must be placed on dash’.
I had conceded that ticket was not on dash, therefore I was at fault.

My argument -
I had proof of purchase of ticket, with time stamp.
I had proof of weather, and a plausible cause.
I was parked legally, paid the fee ($6 or something)
(a) - The parking spot is not worth $60 - but $6
(b) - I paid, had evidence
© - I was not responsible for a flaw in the council’s system - ie; that a ticket may be blown off dash.
Summation - Made an effort, parked correctly, paid amount due, fine was unreasonable since blame could be considered shared between myself and council’s system.

Judge threw it out.

4 Likes

Councils are the absolute wrost litigants. I had a client once who was served a notice by council requiring him to chop down a dead tree on his property which overhung his garage. He duly complied and they charged him for removing it without a permit. That got chucked out too.

5 Likes

Just back to Clarko, did anyone else catch his comments re the umpires?

“There were a couple of horrific free kicks that didn’t go our way. We just didn’t have the rub of the green in that regard and we haven’t had much of the rub of the green in that regard. In other games we have fallen our way after those things haven’t gone our way and today we just hung in there.”

Surely he’s extracting the urine or completely lost touch with reality.

5 Likes

Is he just admitting that they got umpired to 3 flag wins?

What he means is that they didn’t get paid the unfathomable frees they’ve been paid in the past, and where an 8-metre pass is a mark to them, but a 30-metre kick by the opposition is ‘play on’ as instanced twice in the last 5 minutes of the St Kilda game last year.

3 Likes

Brace for it. They will win a few games, and Clarko will become a “genius” again. Rinse and repeat.

How frigging good is Cyril though.

Cyril is out this week with a dislocated hip.

Bruce finally caught up to him in the lifts and blew a hole through him?

1 Like

Best 3 seconds of Broooce’s life…

1 Like

Call the whole round of footy off.

1 Like