Top 5 Best and Fairest

1. Robbie Tarrant
  2. Jack Ziebell
  3. Sam Gibson
  4. Daniel Wells
  5. Brent Harvey

2016 Rising Star Noms

Ryan Clarke (Rnd 18)

Ins – Jy Simpkin, Declan Simpson, Josh Williams, Nick Larkey, Oscar Junker, Cameron Zurhaar, Matthew Taylor, Marley Williams, Paul Ahern, Nathan Hrovat

Outs – Brent Harvey, Drew Petrie, Nick Dal Santo, MIchael Firrito, Robin Nahas, Brad McKenzie, Joel Tippett, Farren Ray, Daniel Wells, Aaron Black

My Prediction

Usually when a team goes into decline it is a slow process, with North you can almost pick the week it happened. They won nine in a row, they were flying and complaining about a lack of respect. Unbeaten and still not being talked about as a premiership prospect. They almost missed the finals from there. I suspect this is just the beginning of the pain.

The backline is ok. Tarrant came good last year, I am still not sold on him but he certainly played a good year of football, he is partnered by Hansen who continues his career as an extremely average player. McKay is the future back there but he is a work in progress. They have picked up Williams who along with Atley should give them some run back there. Overall though very short on depth and only an injury away from disaster.

The midfield to me is a problem. They have some hard nuts with McDonald, Cunnington, Swallow and Ziebell but I dont see the class or the speed. It is a workmanlike midfield at best and I dont think anyone there is elite or capable of becoming elite. Clarke was a good find last year but he doesnt solve their problems.

They have Goldstein in the ruck who is without question in the top few rucks in the comp. Was down slightly last year but still capable. The second in charge is Daw who is both a match winner and a massive liability. His lack of understanding of the game is amazing as is his ability to do something amazing.

The forward line is actually ok in a patchwork sort of way. Mason Wood hung around which helps. They are probably too reliant on Waite who at 33 seems a strange player to hang into when you have cut so many others. Higgins is a quality player with the body of an old man, Brown looks like he will continue to improve and Thomas is infuriating but gets the job done as a small forward. They are capable of kicking a score but again there is nowhere near enough depth to think they will do it with any regularity.

The first half of last year they were a top 6 team, the second of last year they were a bottom 6 team. They have then delisted or lost four players who were amongst their top ten. They have one or two players who may be ready to step up and pick up some of the slack but not enough. They are going to crash this year and crash hard. I think they will finished somewhere between 14 and 16. They will be a cautionary tale of what happens when you throw everything at a premiership with a list that just isnt good enough.

Hopefully bottom 4 for several years

Those ins and outs are as ugly as you’ll ever see.

They are going to slide, but I think they have made the right moves regarding list management. Though I think Harvey should’ve been given another year considering he was among their top four players. Bottom four coming up.

My Prediction is 16th. Only better than Lions and Blues.

Best 22
B: Atley Tarrant Thompson
HB: M Williams Hansen McDonald
C: Gibson Cunnington Higgins
HF: N Hrovat Brown Wood
F: Thomas Waite Anderson
R: Goldstein Ziebell Swallow©
Int: Clarke, Dumont, Daw, Macmillan

EMG: Simpkin, Jacobs, Mullet

Very Vanilla
They will be tested for Depth when the injuries come.
They just look slow through the midfield on paper.

Would need Anderson and Simpkin to star for North to be any chance of making the eight IMO.

Watch out if you’re a cabbie.

FOLD.

They are going to slide, but I think they have made the right moves regarding list management. Though I think Harvey should've been given another year considering he was among their top four players. Bottom four coming up.

Of all the old fogies they could have gotten rid of, I’m not sure he would have been one of them

18th

Won’t be as bad as everyone thinks. Will finish ahead of Fark Carlton and Brisbane at least

16th

Rate Ben Brown and Mason Wood very highly. However I agree, they are due for a slide.

Their demise can be tracked to about the 8 minute mark of the third quarter against us.

They got away with that game, maybe won the next, but that’s when it became clear they were no good. Have no sympathy for them and please don’t come knocking when you need a loan.

16th - 17th. I think the Lions could topple them for 16th. Looking forward to their pain.

Having followed Jy Simpkin closely throughout the draft period I can’t help but feel sorry for him. Hopefully we can pick him up at a later stage if Norf haven’t broken him too much.

Where are their match winners? Where are their entertainers?

They’re going to lose a lot of games, and in a boring manner.

Home crowds will be sub 10,000 by the end of the season.

Merger talks to resume.

Where are their match winners? Where are their entertainers?

They’re going to lose a lot of games, and in a boring manner.

Home crowds will be sub 10,000 by the end of the season.

Merger talks to resume.

I would have Goldstein as their only match winner. Unfortunately for him, he will not come up against mckernan this year (I hope)

Ziebell, Swallow, Cunnington, are all just triers. Waite probably next best with class, but has brain fades and consistently injured along with Higgins.

If it wasn’t for Brisbane i would have North finishing last.

They have zero depth, and even their best 22 is pretty average.

17th.

Hope they fold

These are one whom I hope we come along when they have lost a couple to injury and we’re up and about and I hope we have the game won half way through the second and just fkn pile on the pain. There’s a few others that we owe, but don’t know if any others deserve it more. I think there’s 17 all up.

Bottom four, and if Goldstein goes down with an injury they will give the wooden spoon a real good shake. They didn’t just prune their list, they had open major surgery and cut the heart out of it. Harvey was their heart and soul and was shown the door. Coach Scott to follow him out this year.

All in brawl at training today.
Povo ■■■■■■ probably fighting over who he gets the only bottle of Gatorade the club can afford