Season 2017 - Richmond

I don’t want dimma fired, I’m perfectly happy with how they perform under him. I hope he coaches there forever.

Just to clarify, their coach is not in his final year of contract unless the contract includes a getting the sack clause when he and his team are no good. Inexplicably he was given a contract extension last year to take him until the end of 2018. Doh!

Grigg, Houli, Edwards, Ellis and Grimes. All are players who are ■■■■ scared to put their heads over the ball. All are players who will melt in finals pressure.

Seriously, they will be bottom 4.

First coach sacked is a genuine race this year

Dimma
Bucks
Eade
maybe even Hinkley

Dimma
Bucks
Eade
maybe even Hinkley

I reckon its out of Dimma and Eade.

Dimma
Bucks
Eade
maybe even Hinkley

I reckon its out of Dimma and Eade.

Probably right. Reckon Bucks was real close for a while last season.

It’s hilarious they delisted dea. He’d be their number 2 defender behind rance ATM

B:Grimes Rance Morris
HB: Houli Astbury Vlaustin
C: Cotchin Martin B Ellis
HF:Grigg Griffiths Edwards
F: Rioli Reiwoldt Lloyd
R: Hampson Prestia Caddy
INT: Miles Menadue C Ellis Conca
EMG: Nankervis, Batchelor, Bolton

If you were a Richmond supporter you would be worried about the development of - Conca, Lennon, Vlaustin, that Hampson is the number 1 ruck.
And that they seem to have a number of mature age / possible list cloggers McIntosh, lambert, Miles, Morris, Townsend etc.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Shai Bolton have an impact similar to Rioli for them this year as a small forward. Might mean Edwards can push up to a wing and Rioli to half Forward.

My prediction is 12th. They have some talent to win some games, and should be harder inside if Caddy and Prestia push Cotchin to a more outside role. Obviously they lose the class of Deledio, but he had Achilles injuries and was never going to Bring them the Holy Grail, whereas he might help GWS, and gets the tigers a draft pick - similar to lake going from Dogs to Hawks.

Will belt sides like Lions and Blues and have a surprise win against top 8 teams, but expect it to be another middling year.

If Rance/Martin or Reiwoldt go down for a long stint, probably there 3 most durable players then their season will be shot and expect a 14th - 18th finish.

It's hilarious they delisted dea. He'd be their number 2 defender behind rance ATM
But Houli is elite!

Had a Richmond fan tell me a few weeks ago they would finish top 4…then again he also said he considers Cotchin to be just as good as Jobe (in playing terms not because of the brownlow)

I look forward to using their tears as lube halfway through the season

Had a Richmond fan tell me a few weeks ago they would finish top 4....then again he also said he considers Cotchin to be just as good as Jobe (in playing terms not because of the brownlow)

I look forward to using their tears as lube halfway through the season

Because prestia and caddy, seriously what planet are these guys on.

miles is not a lost clogger, one of the better players, easily best 18.

miles is not a lost clogger, one of the better players, easily best 18.
yeh I agree, just including him as he came to them as a mature age player. Got cut from Giants I think. Agree he is one of the tigers best 22 but would he get a game in our best 22?

Their B&F too 5 from last sims then up, reliant on their stars plus Grigg who’s average and won’t get any better

Good pickups with Prestia and Nankervis could be handy, jury’s out on Caddy who had a poor year and has been honestly overrated/underperformed in his career to date

9th - 12th with Dimma sacked mid season

About to hear and see a lot more about the best looking defender in the world

“…RICHMOND defender Alex Rance is positioning himself as a next-generation television star, signing on as a travel show presenter.
Rance has inked a deal with Channel Nine to present stories on Sunday evening lifestyle show Postcards as well as his own new segment on The Footy Show…”

What with modelling and TV commitments, it is rumored that he might just have time to go to training and play some footy on the weekends for extra cash.

I don’t rate Miles
Had an ok 2015 but otherwise has been poor throughout his career
Just doesn’t have the tools to be anything other than an average part time player

About to hear and see a lot more about the best looking defender in the world

“…RICHMOND defender Alex Rance is positioning himself as a next-generation television star, signing on as a travel show presenter.
Rance has inked a deal with Channel Nine to present stories on Sunday evening lifestyle show Postcards as well as his own new segment on The Footy Show…”

What with modelling and TV commitments, it is rumored that he might just have time to go to training and play some footy on the weekends for extra cash.

He doesn’t have to train, it’s in his contract.

18th

Was funny on SEN when they asked Prestia who he would like to see in the tigers leadership group.
And he says Deledio.
oh I mean Cotchin he is a great leader.

If we go by saga standards of AFL articles, it sounds like Dusty’s leaving

Tigers working hard to retain Martin
Nathan Schmook February 23, 2017 12:17 PM

TEAMS: Tigers to unleash new mids, Otten in
RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick says the club is doing a “truckload of work” to re-sign Dustin Martin as the star midfielder enters free agency in 2017.

Martin is out of contract at the end of the season and a restricted free agent, meaning Richmond can match any rival offer before it risks losing its club champion.

Hardwick said the club’s list management team had been in constant communication with Martin’s manager Ralph Carr and talks had been positive.

“(Head of football) Neil (Balme) and (list manager) Dan (Richardson) are doing a truckload of work with Ralph and that’s all I can say at this stage,” Hardwick said.

"We’d always like to think our talks are positive. Where it’s at at the moment … I’m unsure at this stage.

“Dustin has been a great player for the Richmond footy club, and the Richmond footy club has been great for Dustin. He’s become the man he is today.”

More to come