Season 2017 - Sydney

2 prelims in Sydney this year? Fark that.

Kurt trying out for the AFLW

He was AA form until he did a 'string around rnd12 last year. Never regained that level for the rest of the year.

He was AA form until he did a 'string around rnd12 last year. Never regained that level for the rest of the year.

Do you live in Sydney?

Why do you ask?

Why do you ask?

Because he doesn’t know?
Just a punt.

I think he knows.

Why do you ask?

Nah I wasn’t being a smart a.rse and asking a question I know the answer to. Genuinely have no idea.

Just thought you might live in Sydney and get starved of the chance to watch much footy so you go along to Swans games and therefore feel some sort of affinity to them. Because you farking love them clearly haha!!

Diggers is a Hollywood High boy. Just like Rove.

In fact. I have never seen him and Rove in the same room at the same time

HEY HEY HEY!

Why do you ask?

Nah I wasn’t being a smart a.rse and asking a question I know the answer to. Genuinely have no idea.

Just thought you might live in Sydney and get starved of the chance to watch much footy so you go along to Swans games and therefore feel some sort of affinity to them. Because you farking love them clearly haha!!

It’s funny, I’ve just always liked them. You know how some people have a second team? It goes all the way back to the 80’s. Barry Round, Tilt Carter, Gerard Healy, Barry Mitchell, Warwick Capper. I even didn’t mind them when G Buckenara was coach and they lost something like 28 games in a row. Always kept one eye on how they’re going but since L FRANKLIN made his way there, I can’t get enough. I giggle like a schoolgirl every time he gets the ball. I can’t help it. Because we go to the football to see big blokes do awesome things, don’t we?
1 Like

Not Shitney, never ever. I find them them dullest defensive horrible team.

Remember that time Sydney missed the finals?

Me neither

Me neither

2009 was the last.
I liked them much better when they won 3 spoons in a row in the early 90’s :slight_smile:

Why do you ask?

It’s funny, I’ve just always liked them. You know how some people have a second team? It goes all the way back to the 80’s. Barry Round, Tilt Carter, Gerard Healy, Barry Mitchell, Warwick Capper. I even didn’t mind them when G Buckenara was coach and they lost something like 28 games in a row. Always kept one eye on how they’re going but since L FRANKLIN made his way there, I can’t get enough. I giggle like a schoolgirl every time he gets the ball. I can’t help it. Because we go to the football to see big blokes do awesome things, don’t we?

I know of all those guys apart from ‘Tilt’ Carter.
TILT? Was that his nickname or his actual name? Haha.

Fair enough, you just like watching them play. Can’t really argue with that! And there was probably an underdog element to your support as well if you were following them in the 80’s and early 90’s.

Why do you ask?

I know of all those guys apart from ‘Tilt’ Carter.
TILT? Was that his nickname or his actual name? Haha.

Fair enough, you just like watching them play. Can’t really argue with that! And there was probably an underdog element to your support as well if you were following them in the 80’s and early 90’s.

Rod Carter

Me neither

2009 was the last.
I liked them much better when they won 3 spoons in a row in the early 90’s :slight_smile:

A couple of my best mates are sydney supporters.
I always remind them of 1993 Essendon on top Swans on the bottom, got the spoon, Wanganeen Brownlow, Long Norm Smith.

I Was lucky swans didnt win last year when we got the spoon.

Fark Sydney

AFL slaps Swans with $20k fine for Buddy, Parker injections
Ben Guthrie February 23, 2017 4:53 PM

Newsletter
RSS
AFL 2016 Toyota AFL Grand Final - Sydney v Western Bulldogs
Lance Franklin has been $5k for breaches of AFL treatment rules
RELATED

No second-year blues in sight for Swan Mills
SYDNEY has been fined $20,000, with half of it suspended, for failing to disclose cortisone injections taken by Luke Parker and Lance Frankin during last year’s finals series.

Parker and Franklin were both fined $5000 for not completing the required paperwork under the AFL’s treatment rules.

According to the League, the Swans failed to keep and maintain a complete, accurate and up-to-date Register of Controlled Treatments in the AFL’s Controlled Treatments Register.

The breach does not concern any WADA rules and all treatments used by the players were WADA approved.

In both cases, Franklin and Parker received anti-inflammatory treatment cortisone, a WADA-compliant treatment, but inadvertently failed to declare this as required by the rules.

“In this case, the AFL notes that the club doctor maintained his own thorough medical records of treatments legitimately provided to players,” the AFL said in a statement.

"However, clubs must also maintain such records on the Controlled Treatments Register database to enable the AFL to proactively monitor industry trends and target test players as required.

“The AFL took into account that the club’s failure in this case was an oversight during an intense pre-and-post Grand Final period, and that the club otherwise had excellent medical procedures.”

The AFL Treatment Rules were introduced in 2013 to go above and beyond the WADA Code and ensure the League can effectively monitor football related supplements and medications provided to AFL players.

Parker went into last year’s Grand Final against the Western Bulldogs under an injury cloud after injuring the posterior cruciate ligament in his knee in the preliminary final against Geelong.

Franklin hurt his right ankle in the opening term of the premiership decider and was off the ground for five minutes receiving treatment.

The superstar forward, who was also battling a shoulder problem, returned to the field but was clearly limited throughout the majority of the match.

1 Like