Season 2017 - Sydney

Exactly. It was never going to happen. The VFL was the strongest of all the regional leagues and if an expansion model was to be universally agreed upon by all of the governing bodies an expanded VFL would have been it anyway. But because it happened through necessity rather than by choice, we’ve ended up with a compromised system that’s not ideal. Having said, it’s the best outcome anyone could have probably hoped for given the circumstances which means that, and getting back to the original point of all this, regional sides require support in order for the all the Victorian sides to survive and prosper.

Financial support yes.

Extra wins no.

7 don’t always exercise their 4 FTA games rights in Sydney. The AFL rights buy eyeballs in Vic,TAs,NT,SA and the NT.

The NRL is worth billions too, but not because of the storm its because the other half of the population follow the nrl.

It’s about the heartland and being able to gouge $50 a punter on paytv.

It’s always been about the money.

Ahem… no one likes a “i told you so” but it might be shaping up that way. They just lost on paper what should be the easiest of those 3.

No one likes an I told you so before it happens either.

Last night’s loss does screw their chances up given they only have one more home game.

Haven’t done the ladder prediction for a fortnight, but they should at least make it due to their percentage.

They have two more at home

1 Like

Correct. Round 23 doesn’t come up on my calendar.

Two home games against Freo and Carlton.
They should make it with their percentage.

Two hard ones and two they should win will make it.

Impossible to fully predict, but if Hawthorn wins the rest of their games, 3 in Melbourne & 1 in Launceston, against the Tiges, Roos, Blues and Bulldogs. They finish on 12 and a half games, and percentage won’t come into it if the Swans lose against Geelong as SS and Adelaide in Adelaide.

Mind you if the Swans do win one of those games, we could miss out on the Eight even if we win 13 games, given their superior percentage.

The Hawks have probably done us a real favour beating them last night.

Screw Hawthorn.

Swans won’t lose to Geelong

Umpiring in Geelong is more biased than a West Coast game in Perth. They will engineer a Cats win

Geelong will be favourites. Even more if FRANKLIN! cops a week like some in the media are campaigning for.

@Riolio how good is it that the ladder predictor on #AFL site is in Flash…

1 Like

Sam Reid signs a new deal until end of 2021

Sam REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID!

DAMMIT

I’m sure Swans fans are breathing a massive sigh of relief over that one…

He’s a very good player.