Season 2017 - Sydney

FRANKLIN! wins the 2017 Coleman Medal. How many is that now?

1 Like

SCREW SYDNEY

3 Likes

And Fark Franklin.

5 Likes

'Stainedā€¦, Please.

1 Like

300 games for J McVeigh. Cracking career.

2 Likes

Canā€™t argue with that.

go cats

1 Like

Swans the lesser evil. Happy for Dangerfield to never lift the cup

Go Cats!

On the swans bandwagon now. ā– ā– ā– ā–  Richmond and cats

Youā€™re all welcome.

When Buddy performs the commentators are ā€œoh, oh, god yes yes yesā€ like Meg Ryan

When Buddy fails, dead silence. No criticism, nothing. Players need to be judged by their own standards and should be criticised if they dont meet them.

Not so sure you are right. He has copped some flak for the last game.

Iā€™ve got a lot of time for Buddy.
On one level, I think heā€™s underachieved. Obviously, Iā€™m going to have to very quickly qualify that statement. And I will.
I think he could have been the best Australian Rules Football player, ever.
Ever.

As it is, heā€™s merely one of them.

Heā€™s been under two very, well, outwardly strict and professional coaches. But he still has issues, which seem, to me, personal and very real.
Heā€™s 31 next year.
And heā€™s contracted until 2022.
And, ā€œFranklinā€™s manager, Liam Pickering, also revealed that the nine-year contract was so back-ended that he would be making less money with the Swans in 2014ā€“15 than he was at Hawthorn in 2013.ā€

I really hope we havenā€™t seen the best of him, even now.
And I hope his career has a happy ending, not necessarily for his club, but for him.
Heā€™s kind of a worry, though.

1 Like

There is obviously a special rule for Franklin in that under no circumstances can he ever be penalised for holding the ball or incorrect disposal.

Or win a free for having his arms chopped, getting held, being tunneled or blocked from getting to a marking contest whilst off the ball.

I agree, he is not well treated by the umpires. A lot of his frees come because he gets frustrated (both through bad umpiring and through lack of form in some games) and gets loose in how he attacks.

Find you a person that looks at you the way diggers looks at buddy.

1 Like

Wim you are not the only person to say this. 2 weeks ago Dermie said that if Franklin performed through the finals series, he would be the GOAT. Yes, better than Carey.

So, I wonder, will Dermie take rain check on that prediction now? As you say, at 31 he is approaching his use by date.

Thatā€™s interesting, but I donā€™t put a career down to one (finals) series.
And his isnā€™t over yet.

Thereā€™s a lot could happen yet.
I honestly believe he could still have a Brownlow in him.
Could.